Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I have got german job seeker visa a week back. I am having 8+ years of Information Technology(Mainframe) experience and knowing german(B1) at some extent.

I have applied jobs in below portal. I get rejection emails most of the times.I thought my resume is the problem. I converted it to german format . Though i get rejection email.

Can any one give me an advice or suggestions on how to get the mainframe jobs in germany?

STEPSTONE.DE
MONSTER.DE
JOBBORSE.ARBEITSAGENTURE.DE

Regards,Mari

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Folks,

I have got german job seeker visa a week back. I am having 8+ years of Information Technology(Mainframe) experience and knowing german(B1) at some extent.

I have applied jobs in below portal. I get rejection emails most of the times.I thought my resume is the problem. I converted it to german format . Though i get rejection email.

Can any one give me an advice or suggestions on how to get the mainframe jobs in germany?

STEPSTONE.DE
MONSTER.DE
JOBBORSE.ARBEITSAGENTURE.DE

Regards,Mari
Are you also sending a cover letter and copies of all your diplomas + references for all of your jobs on your resume?

Sounds like you are applying only for a few weeks. Getting a job takes time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.Yes. I am applying with cover letter(in deutsch) and all my degree certificate. I am apply for past 3 weeks.I get rejections all the times. Is it good to go for Y-axis as they do offer resume marketing and stuff.? I am also afraid,that after paying hefty money to them and do not get any calls, then it will be waste of time and money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mainframe query

Hi friend.....

Even I have applied for job seeker visa for germany. I have 6.5 years of mainframe experience. Presently I am working in Singapore. Same concern as yours, Whether to approach Y axis, for job assistance in Germany.

I have A2 level of knowledge in German. I want to know the trend for foreigners to get mainframe jobs in Germany. Please let me know whether its possible to get mainframe job in present market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts