Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Je recherche un prestataire à Paris, qui proposerait une adresse postale physique classique, à laquelle il serait possible d‘envoyer des lettres et des paquets. On pourrait faire suivre le courrier en attente à cette adresse, scanné par par e-mail ou par FAX. AmericanExpress proposait un tel service qui s’appelait le« client mail service ». Qui connaîtrait actuellement un prestataire pour un service similaire de « MailDrop » ?
J’avais trouvé un prestataire qui, en plus, proposait un tarif réduit pour les journalistes. Mais j’ai malheureusement perdu ses coordonnées. Avez-vous une idée ? Merci !

I am looking for a service in Paris that would give me a normal postal address where letters and packages could be sent. From this street address, mail could also be forwarded, or scanned via email or fax. American Express had this type of "client mail service". Does anybody know of any providers in Paris with this kind of “MailDrop” service? I had found one that offered something similar to journalists at a discount; unfortunately, the documents that were sent to me got lost. Ideas? Thank you!

Ich suche in Paris einen Anbieter, der eine ganz normale physische Postadresse anbietet an die man sich Briefe und Pakete senden lassen kann. Von dieser Straßenadresse kann man sich die gesammelte Post weitersenden lassen, gescannt per E-Mail oder FAX. AmericanExpress hatte dies als „client mail service“. Wer kennt aktuell Anbieter eines solchen „MailDrop“-Dienstes? Ich hatte schon einen Anbieter gefunden, der dazu für Journalisten einen Rabatt anbot. Leider sind mir die Unterlagen abhanden gekommen. Ideen? Danke!

·
Registered
From the USA...lived in Canada, the UK, and France
1,285 Posts
I am looking for a service in Paris that would give me a normal postal address where letters and packages could be sent. From this street address, mail could also be forwarded, or scanned via email or fax. American Express had this type of "client mail service". Does anybody know of any providers in Paris with this kind of “MailDrop” service? I had found one that offered something similar to journalists at a discount; unfortunately, the documents that were sent to me got lost. Ideas? Thank you!
We use a service like what you describe, but it's in the US, not France. Google "Expat Mail Service USA" or something similar. When we were researching this 2 or 3 years ago, there were at least a dozen that seemed good in a number of different states. I remember seeing them in MA, TX, MI, FL and CA. I'm sure there are others.

Ours is a a certified private mail service. Our service accepts letters as well as small parcels delivered via US mail, UPS, FedEx, etc.

When anything arrives, we receive an email. The email lists the way it was delivered (US Mail, FedEx, UPS, etc.), the sender's name (if it's listed on the outside of the envelope), and the tracking number (if there is one).

We can then decide whether to have the item opened, scanned and emailed to us; forwarded to us by US mail or FedEx; discarded; or simply held for pick up. We selected this vendor because of the services they offer, the price, and that they're close to a US airport we use, making pick up easier.

Best of luck.

Ray

·
Registered
From the USA...lived in Canada, the UK, and France
1,285 Posts
If they take those actions, and you don't (it seems) actually go there, why should it be in Paris?
The person who asked the question asked for a service in Paris. Unfortunately, I can't assist him/her with a similar service in France. As well, I don't know if a US postal service will be useful as s/he didn't say which country mail will arrive from.

For us (as US expats in France), having a US address offers several advantages. Tax notices are always mailed and they usually have short windows of time during which one must contact the federal or state tax authority. In addition, some of our vendors prefer a US address. It's also nice to have a place to which packages can be delivered and held until we can pick them up.

Ray

·
Administrator
49,472 Posts
Take a look in the Pages Jaunes for an outfit called Mailbox etc - there are several of them in Paris and it appears that some of them do maildrop and forwarding services like you are looking for. They also appear to do printing and package transport, and it's not at all clear if all offices of this concern handle all the available services.

But most of the mail services I've seen in Paris tend to be set up for businesses and I'm not sure if they give you a "street address" or just a box number.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Sorry for the confusion RayRay, I was addressing my post to the OP. Quite understand why one might use such a service.

I use such a service near Annecy, also have one in the US and one in Australia.

·
Registered
37 Posts
MailBox in Paris

We just signed up for a mailbox in Paris (near metro Ballard). We get email notifications when mail/pkg arrives and front of envelope is scanned. Needed copy of AirBnB receipt to get authorized along with passport and DrivLic from Texas (as we had no way to get stuff sent to us cleanly in Paris until we get fully integrated). mbefrance.fr (mailboxes etc)

We also use virtual mailbox in Houston (USGlobalMail) for addressing all our US credit cards except AMEX which does not like commercial mail drop locations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts