Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
a femal maid is required for a nice family in alain - abu dhabi ,should know english,between 25 - 40 years old . for part or full time job , on her visa ,
we pay a good salary and acommodation .
for more info call /snip

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Philipina maid needed

A doctors's family looking for philipina female live in house maid. should be between 20 - 35 years old for cleaning and ironing , must speaks english.
We offer a good salary (1200 - 1400 Dhs), meals and acommodation .

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I believe the minimum requirement written in UAE maid contract is 1500 AED for Filipina maids.
The minimum wage for a Filapina maid is 1,460 Dhs per month - or the equivalent of 400 US Dollars. This agreement was made between the UAE and the Philippines last year.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
But the post says good salary 1200-1400 so it must be good, I am sure they are offering one day off a month also.
But it's below the minimum wage allowed for a Filipina - so no, it's not a good salary. 2,000 dhs would be a good salary.

There are levels for different nationalities. Some aren't even allowed to work as home help anymore.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
pretty certain fcjb was being sarcastic there ;)..

@fcjb gotta use the smileys / emoticon's :D...

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
I wish they would require all maids to be at least 30 so they have a bit more years on them and maybe a bit more of a sense of themselves so they dont allow people to take advantage of them so much :( Really is sad that someone thinks 1200 is a good salary. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts