Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the magic jack app on their cell phone to call the US while in the UK? It's been working pretty well from my cell phone here in the US, but I am moving to London in July I am hoping it will work while I am there.

The app doesn't require wifi connection. Instead it uses the 3G cell networks. It's pretty interesting.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I haven't used the Magic Jack app, and have no idea if it will work from the UK. I use Skype to call, both from my computer and my phone. I have some credit and a subscription to call the US. I also got one of their online numbers and set it up to forward to my mobile, so my family and friends can call whenever they want as the online number is a local number with the same area codes etc from my home town and that goes straight to me if I'm logged onto Skype or gets sent on to my mobile. The charge for having it forwarded is about 15 pence a minute, but I just ask them to call back in 5 minutes, log onto Skype and it's free for everyone. And if I call a phone from Skype, it's about 1p a minute. So not ideal, but far cheaper than international phone calls. If you're using Skype on your phone, you will need 3G signal and a data package or be somewhere with wifi.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Has anyone used the magic jack app on their cell phone to call the US while in the UK? It's been working pretty well from my cell phone here in the US, but I am moving to London in July I am hoping it will work while I am there.

The app doesn't require wifi connection. Instead it uses the 3G cell networks. It's pretty interesting.
I haven't forgotten about you...! The only friend I have with an iPhone is out of the UK at the moment.

Animo
(Cheers)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.