Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My wife and I have put our house on the market today with the intention of coming out to Canada to live and work. Pretty scary stuff, but exciting too. Our rough plan is to come over on a temporary workers visa and find work when we get arrive.

Is this a sensible way of doing it, or will this put employers off? What is the easiest way to get a TWP and how long does it take?

Also, where are the following types of companies located in the BC area? My wife works in the pharma/biotech industry and I am a supply chain consultant...

pharma research and manufacturing
electronics manufacturing
automotive
shipping and distribution
anything supply chain related!

Thanks everyone - any help you can give me would be massively appreciated as this is a pretty big decision and there's no substitute for speaking to people who have already done it!

James

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hi everyone,

My wife and I have put our house on the market today with the intention of coming out to Canada to live and work. Pretty scary stuff, but exciting too. Our rough plan is to come over on a temporary workers visa and find work when we get arrive.

You cannot work in Canada without a TWP which is applied for once you have arranged employment with an employer willing to apply for a LMO. You can come on vacation and look for work but the rules for a TWP still apply.

Is this a sensible way of doing it, or will this put employers off? What is the easiest way to get a TWP and how long does it take?

You must have pre-arranged employment, so the TWP timing depends on that factor

Also, where are the following types of companies located in the BC area? My wife works in the pharma/biotech industry and I am a supply chain consultant...

pharma research and manufacturing
electronics manufacturing
automotive
shipping and distribution
anything supply chain related!

You'll require to Google for this info.

Thanks everyone - any help you can give me would be massively appreciated as this is a pretty big decision and there's no substitute for speaking to people who have already done it!

James
Much good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.