Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'll be grateful if someone can help me with this query of mine.

My brother has done his B.COM (2 years) and M.COM (2 years) from University of Karachi and has been working as an Accountant at a local firm for more than 4 years. So I just wanted to confirm if his qualification i.e Masters in Commerce (M.Com) makes him eligible to claim 15 points for education?

I know for a fact that a Masters degree from University of Karachi holds 15 points as per Australian standard but I am not sure if any of the assessment body that assesses the skills and qualification for Accountant occupation shall consider this degree as relevant for this particular occupation or not?

Please Help!!

regards
Roposh

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

I'll be grateful if someone can help me with this query of mine.

My brother has done his B.COM (2 years) and M.COM (2 years) from University of Karachi and has been working as an Accountant at a local firm for more than 4 years. So I just wanted to confirm if his qualification i.e Masters in Commerce (M.Com) makes him eligible to claim 15 points for education?

I know for a fact that a Masters degree from University of Karachi holds 15 points as per Australian standard but I am not sure if any of the assessment body that assesses the skills and qualification for Accountant occupation shall consider this degree as relevant for this particular occupation or not?

Please Help!!

regards
Roposh
Also, please clarify if he needs to submit the IELTS report for skill assessment, even if he is a British citizen??

regards,
Roposh

G

·
If he holds a British passport no he doesnt need ILETS for the visa but wont get any points for it but he may need it for the skills assessment. Though not sure he would pass a skills assessment as a an accountant with those qualifications.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts