Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!
I'm in Ile de France and I'm researching Lycée possibilities for my son who is currently in 5eme. The reason I'm starting so early is because our situation is unique. This will be his third year in the French system and it has been difficult, but we're are finally getting things sorted.
He has learning difficulties but is at average to above average intelligence. I have gone through the process of having him assessed and accommodations are in place.
He's an artist and that's what he would like to focus on after middle school.
Does anyone know what kind of school I should be looking at for arts, graphic and digital design at the Lycée level? What type of BAC is that.
He really needs to stay away from full academic based schools and go for a trade school or art school. He speaks French, but I have doubts that he will ever be completely on level with his academic language.

Thanks, I know this is long...but I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hello!
Pay a visit to your local C.I.O. (conseiller d'information et d'orientation) where they will provide all the information you need on local lycées with a section arts plastiques / graphiques.
Or you can ask for an appointment at your son's collège with the Conseiller l'Orientation.
Bon courage !

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello!
Pay a visit to your local C.I.O. (conseiller d'information et d'orientation) where they will provide all the information you need on local lycées with a section arts plastiques / graphiques.
Or you can ask for an appointment at your son's collège with the Conseiller l'Orientation.
Bon courage !
Thanks, the people at his college are very unhelpful turds. Mostly "why are you here"? "you should go home", type recommendations.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sorry to hear that!
So the local CIO office seems to be your best bet.
The only other option would be to search the websites of all the local lycées to seek out the filières that you're interested in.

PS - can't edit my post (#2) - typing error: ...Conseiller d'Orientation...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts