Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all on the site.

Just need an opinion and I hope I don't offend anybody.

I met a Filipina girl on a dating site 3 years ago and we have developed a serious relationship since. I have visited her 5 times, met her family who seem real nice and shared some lovely times together where we got on really really well.

When I met this girl she was working in a mall and has since moved to Manila to live with her uncle and she now works in a factory.

She's a most lovely person. I have really fallen for her and my dream is to move to Philippines to live together. I am retired and always loved South East Asia but I'm not sure I'd like to move there and be alone.

Over the last 3 years she has been totally honest, open and loyal to me.

There is a large age difference between us. I'm 59, she's 21 but from the very first time we met we have have got on so well you'd never think of that age difference.

As I said over the last 3 years she has come across to me as a sincere and honest girl. She says she loves me so much and hopes we can be together. Also I speak to her family and friends on Facebook and they all say that she loves me and is totally loyal and faithful and hope that we can be together as we seem a perfect match.

My girl does not want to leave Philippines and would be quite happy for us to settle in someplace where we both are happy with. She does want to do some studying.

The reason I'm posting here is that I married a Thai lady before and took her to Ireland after 7 years she walked out on me and went to live with her sister in another part of Ireland.

And I had treated this girl really well. Am currently in the legal process of trying to separate from her legally.

So back to this lovely Filipina girl I have met and am in love with.

Are Filipina women trustful, loyal and faithful once they commit themselves to a man? Does the age difference become a problem later?

I know in my girl's situation it's a call I have to make for myself so I am looking for a general view from you men folk on here.

In general I have found Filipina people much nicer people than the Thai's.

Would appreciate your views and comments.

Thanks

Pat

·
Registered
136 Posts
So what you are saying, if I interpret this correctly is that you met her when you were 56, and she was 18, correct? And it was a dating site?

How big is the family? You know that they will most likely move in with you when you relocate there.

Read some of the older posts on here.

Just sayin'... :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are Filipina women trustful, loyal and faithful once they commit themselves to a man?
Filipina women are just that....Women,they arent a collective,they are individuals,some are faithfull and loving,some most certainly are NOT:rolleyes: the same as women the world over,as for age difference,well some are attracted to older guys for financial security and others are attracted to the guy himself for love,there are stories out that that would make your hair curl :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was in a similar situation, year older than you. Your choice is simple, live in IR on your own may be meet someone of the same age and live happily ever after. Or you can go to the Philippines live with your girl friend, as long as your still active and fit you will have a lot of fun. In my case we chatted a lot on Skype. On my second visit asked her to marry me, then her farther he was fine about it. We had a simple wedding in the town hall restaurant meal after, all the family attended ok I had to pay for all the transport and to get them all home. Reality total cost is a weekend in Paris would have cost me more. Been there twice since, to visit the family, no one has asked me for money or any thing. We pay for all the outings, get loads of shopping to take home. Having read loads of negative comments on here about getting involved with a Lady from the Phils. I must be lucky. Her family are not rich, they were squatting some years ago they work hard for very little money, but they will give you there last plate of rice and go without. Go for it with your young lady. Good luck

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was in a similar situation, year older than you. Your choice is simple, live in IR on your own may be meet someone of the same age and live happily ever after. Or you can go to the Philippines live with your girl friend, as long as your still active and fit you will have a lot of fun. In my case we chatted a lot on Skype. On my second visit asked her to marry me, then her farther he was fine about it. We had a simple wedding in the town hall restaurant meal after, all the family attended ok I had to pay for all the transport and to get them all home. Reality total cost is a weekend in Paris would have cost me more. Been there twice since, to visit the family, no one has asked me for money or any thing. We pay for all the outings, get loads of shopping to take home. Having read loads of negative comments on here about getting involved with a Lady from the Phils. I must be lucky. Her family are not rich, they were squatting some years ago they work hard for very little money, but they will give you there last plate of rice and go without. Go for it with your young lady. Good luck
Thanks my friend. As soon as I can extricate myself from this Thai woman I'll know where I stand. I may lose my house in the settlement anyway but I hate living alone here. I have always been in SEA for the last 8 years and this winter here alone nearly killed me. My girl is super and has never given me any reason to doubt her. Where do you live by the way?

Thanks again for your response,

Pat

·
Registered
26 Posts
In France. Left UK 7 years ago after my divorce and moved here. My wife is here now, after the wedding applied for her visa. She has been here over one year now, her french is coming along nicely.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think one of my girl's concerns is that she has some sort of skill to fall back on when I kick the bucket which will be long before she does because of the age difference and I can understand that. Hence her desire to learn a skill. I said I'll support that so long as the schooling doesn't dominate our life and we no time together or to holiday or travel about.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In France. Left UK 7 years ago after my divorce and moved here. My wife is here now, after the wedding applied for her visa. She has been here over one year now, her french is coming along nicely.
Oh you live in France. See, I want to go live in Philippines. Am on pension and the cost of living ehre is making it hard. Plus I love South East Asia, the climate, food, people etc.. and my girl. She doesn't want to leave Phils unless she really has to and she has said in no uncertain terms that she'll be staying with me till the end.

·
Registered
922 Posts
She doesn't want to leave Phils unless she really has to and she has said in no uncertain terms that she'll be staying with me till the end.
In my opinion I think for many Filipinas, if they can live a comfortable life financially with their guy, they would rather stay in the PI than leave.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good on you to support her with her education that will be greatly appreciated by the family. May be you ought to consider getting a quote for the annual tuition fee, least you will know where you stand with no surprise. You mention that she's working. Find out in a casual conversation how much she contributes to the family. Those two items will help you to start making a monthly budget. Then you will have your rent, food utilities to add to it. Not going to teach you how to suck eggs. Balut makes me sick.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh you live in France. See, I want to go live in Philippines. Am on pension and the cost of living ehre is making it hard. Plus I love South East Asia, the climate, food, people etc.. and my girl. She doesn't want to leave Phils unless she really has to and she has said in no uncertain terms that she'll be staying with me till the end.
I did dream of living there. House on the beach with a boat with my lovely wife. May be in the future. Your money will go further in Philippines.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It sounds like you are getting all of your ducks in a row. From the additional info you've told us, I think you have latched onto a keeper.

Go for it, and good luck to you. :nod:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi my friends. Just a few points you might like to comment on. I was talking to my girl last Sunday and she said she was starting a new job on Monday in some factory. I haven't heard from her since Sunday even though I notice she has been online sending 2 birthday greetings to two of her friends. Now I bought her a laptop last trip so we could keep in touch easier. But am kinda upset that she hasn't taken the time to just send a quick message to me to say all going well when she was able to send those quick birthday greetings to her friends. Now I don't see any other activity on her account so it may be that she's on some shift or other and very tired but I thought opening the laptop for a minute to send me a messsage should not be that miuch to ask. This is one of the things that annoys me. Whether I'm overacting or not I don't know. Also I wonder if you guys get the 'it's a secret' answer to some question or other. I tend to speak my mind but when she has some problem it seems to get hushed up. And I know something is bothering her but I may not get the answer or get the answer later or even the next day.

Maybe I'm just overreacting but I miss her. I don't expect her to be online to me everyday but with the week that's in it I'd love to know how her new job is going.

Thanks for listening.

Pat

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi my friends. Just a few points you might like to comment on. I was talking to my girl last Sunday and she said she was starting a new job on Monday in some factory. I haven't heard from her since Sunday even though I notice she has been online sending 2 birthday greetings to two of her friends. Now I bought her a laptop last trip so we could keep in touch easier. But am kinda upset that she hasn't taken the time to just send a quick message to me to say all going well when she was able to send those quick birthday greetings to her friends. Now I don't see any other activity on her account so it may be that she's on some shift or other and very tired but I thought opening the laptop for a minute to send me a messsage should not be that miuch to ask. This is one of the things that annoys me. Whether I'm overacting or not I don't know. Also I wonder if you guys get the 'it's a secret' answer to some question or other. I tend to speak my mind but when she has some problem it seems to get hushed up. And I know something is bothering her but I may not get the answer or get the answer later or even the next day.

Maybe I'm just overreacting but I miss her. I don't expect her to be online to me everyday but with the week that's in it I'd love to know how her new job is going.

Thanks for listening.

Pat
Pat,

Your concern are understandable. But, you have to give her a chance . She might have a good reason for not able to contact you , as you mentioned she has new job. Sometimes, people of other cultures see things differently. Something's that you both need to understand. You want a " no frill" attitude and probably she's not used to opening to just about anything going on in her life. It doesn't mean she's hiding something. Being open and direct is usual for you if not for western culture. Sadly, not for every culture .

My personal opinion, try not to check on her often or it will drive her bananas ( it would drive me to silence). And yes, sorry to say Pat- you're over reacting :)

My two penny worth.

You're experiencing cultural clash and there are many to come ie, communication :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks C-UK. I appreciate your honest and direct answer. And I think you're right, well I hope you're right. I guess I miss her and care for her and just hope she's doing ok. But I don't want to smother her either. I'll give it time and see how things pan out.

Again may I say I appreciate your direct answer.

Pat

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.