Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I am an architect with Masters from UK, started working in UAE since 2014 and this is my first job in middle east.
Current employer issued me an architectural draughtsman visa even after submitting attested architecture degree certificate. I had raised my concern over it during then but they refused to update it (very disappointing), since i didn't have any other option i continued working in same firm and now i am looking for new job.
My concern is, will there be any issues which can be raised by next employer because of the current visa status ??

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
No not at all. I couldn't provide my attested degree certificates at one point and had 'Follow up Clerk' stamped on my visa.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that if you need to go to KSA, they sometimes get snippy about people with certain Visa classes, but apart from that i wouldnt worry.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I remember something about visiting Oman being an issue if visa designation wasn't 'manager' or more senior/professional title for some nationalities, otherwise haven't heard of any issues

·
Registered
107 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that if you need to go to KSA, they sometimes get snippy about people with certain Visa classes, but apart from that i wouldnt worry.
Good point. I know a guy over here, based in Dubai but working for a major international company with interests in various countries around the reason, including Saudi. He's a director, but to get him here quickly (delays with attestation of his degree) the company brought him in on a clerk's visa. Now the Saudi's won't let him in until his visa is changed. Given the option of Dubai versus Riyadh, I'm not sure how hard he's pushing his PRO to change it. :) In terms of Dubai though, he's had no issues, so I wouldn't worry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts