Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Dubai at mo settling wife in. TV channels aren't very good. What film channels can we stream / join either free / paid for as when I go back at end of month she would like to be able to watch films on laptop?. Anyone know where I could buy good quality cheap film DVDs please?

Any assistance I would be grateful for.

Kind rgds
Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Mark

i am moving to Dubai in August will definitely be interested in what responses you get here as when I visited earlier I really struggled to find some decent TV!

Good luck!

Chris

·
Registered
84 Posts
cjm650 said:
Hi Mark

i am moving to Dubai in August will definitely be interested in what responses you get here as when I visited earlier I really struggled to find some decent TV!

Good luck!

Chris
I you use a VPN you can watch the channels online from back home (wherever home may be!)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
You can access some torrent sites in the UK without the need for the veeeepeeeennnnn (not supposed to use them here, so best not to mention them) that JusAdy mentions. Just Google UK tv torrents and steer clear of the dodgy sites;)

If you're not sure about torrents etc just PM me and I'll try and help...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Torrents are really the way to go...hook a laptop up to your television with some A/V cables, and it's like being home.

But if there is a good way to get the US networks and cable channels, I'd be all ears. I find myself even missing the commercials.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was hoping I'd be able to use websites such as [not sure if I'm allowed to post the links so just google 'Project Free TV' or 'LetMeWatchThis'], which stream all TV shows and films online, usually as soon as they've aired in the US.

Does anyone have experience of using these sites in the UAE - are they blocked?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.