Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi EM. love to go out tonite for a dance. which place should i go. im in late 30. but i love any music. have not done it for a several years, so need yr info about places. thnks. PS yes i know about magazine time out. , its not only locations i want to know, i want to know the atmosphere yr experiences.:)

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Chi at The Lodge has a couple of different rooms, but for more cutting edge/funky music try Alpha at the Airport meridian. Not sure who is DJing as my mate Zahra who is usually there on Thurs is on hols.

-

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok. i will stay home for tonite. but im starving to go for a dance!! will b more organised and prepared for the next week. Thank u Elphaba for a tip. will wait for Zahra. xx

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah Nomad. Im all in tears now... i remember them days, Cold war, Olympic games 1980... and we all loved this song, not for words, not many understand what is about, but we all love the melody, every discotheque have had this song, even it was banned by government. Thank u for Rush inn, sounds like Russian :)))) i guess too many Russian speaking ppl there?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Chi at The Lodge has a couple of different rooms, but for more cutting edge/funky music try Alpha at the Airport meridian. Not sure who is DJing as my mate Zahra who is usually there on Thurs is on hols.

-
I like Chi but those bouncers are big mofos.... I hate em.... especially the one outsde

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ah Nomad. Im all in tears now... i remember them days, Cold war, Olympic games 1980... and we all loved this song, not for words, not many understand what is about, but we all love the melody, every discotheque have had this song, even it was banned by government. Thank u for Rush inn, sounds like Russian :)))) i guess too many Russian speaking ppl there?
glad that amused you! Im ADDICTED to that song - I don't understand what they are saying of course , but the fake subtitles are hilarious - i even found a youtube on how to do the Moskau dance :-/

The RushInn is Russian indeed, but to be honest it used to be a kinda sleazy place, but i suppose they've cleaned up their act a bit - if you have friends go check it out , but results not guaranteed :p

·
Banned
39 Posts
ok. i will stay home for tonite. but im starving to go for a dance!! will b more organised and prepared for the next week. Thank u Elphaba for a tip. will wait for Zahra. xx
Hiya Chunkykitty, I assume you have someone to take you out dancing? If not, I have been here for a few days already and I am dying to go for a dance too. Went out to some place next to Dubai mall with people from work the other day but didn't like it (too much talking not enough dancing haha).

Anyway, if you are up for it, and knowing that meeting through the internet is somewhat random, I'd be willing to take you out dancing (although I am child from the early 80's).

Take care

Roy

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sounds like a plan to me!! will try chi then, anyone interested, by the way i can pay for myself, i do drink..... nonalcoholic, juice or pepsi.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, its 4 of us at the moment, we will b going to Lodge tonite, at the entrance from 9.40 till 10 pm. anyone else willing to go? shout epat :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.