Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Losing the will to live...

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  SurreyKevin 
#1 ·
Dear all,

Here's hoping you'll give us the "right" answer as we have held off posting here for some time (all will be explained) but as we're at the end of our tether with this application the time has come to give it a go..

We submitted medicals and police reports in November 09. Since then we've had no change to our CSL GSM visa application.

We were originally advised that post medicals (already been through ACS approvals etc) that there was a possibility of finalising in January. In here there are one or two threads suggesting up to 9 weeks is possible - we're now over that date.

More worryingly the agent has chased the application on two occasions;

Firstly they just had a stock response, after two weeks, of "we'll pass your query onto the case officer". Then nothing.

Secondly they wrote pointing out that others they had put through after us were now being approved and asking for the status.

The response received was a puzzling "At present your application is undergoing routine processing. Unfortunately, ensuring all the legal requirements are met in relation to an application can take some time."

Which doesn't of course answer the question of why we've somehow come out of the "queue", unless of course they have been less rigorous with the others!

I have called my work references and established neither of them have been contacted.

Can anyone shed any light on what is likely to be at play here? The agent is out of ideas too.

We'd be grateful for explanations - as I've had to let two plum referral jobs go already because the visa wasn't in place. A real choker I'm afraid.

Looking for a warm feeling, but in all honesty we'd also go for some general understanding of what could possibly be going on..

Regards

Kevin

See less See more
#2 ·
It's been reported here that many applications are on hold. The immigration process will change signifcantly in July ie more changes. The issue of migration is starting to potentially become to biggest issue for Labor govenment in an election year. Sorry I can't help you much more but Australia is starting to tighten the process and not let anyone in like they used too.

#6 ·
SurreyKevin.........

I have the similar situvation.
My medicals was on July 2009. I waited till November still nothing reply.
When i called Diac they replied that they are studying my file and has to wait.
Then i got Job verification in November.
Got Visa on December.

The one of the problem is if they are planning for Job verification then there is a chance for delay.
My advice is dont ask with agent you directly call DIac as you have a TRN/File no: is needed.
They will give you a reply as what i got.
Thankyou.
........................................................................................................................
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Job Verification November 10th 2009
175 VISA GRANDED 22nd December 2009

#8 ·
SurreyKevin.........
My Initial Entry date is End to July 2010
.......................................................................................................................
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Job Verification November 10th 2009
175 VISA GRANDED 22nd December 2009

#10 ·
Hi Gopal.

Wow this is very reassuring so thanks for your input. I was thinking that I was being singled out but with no indication for what, it sounds as though it might just be that I was singled out for a work reference so I'll cue up my referees to expect a contact.

All the best,

K

#11 ·
Hold your horses.. give it sometime and it will happen..

#12 ·
Kevin,

The "undergoing routine processing" response from the ASPC usually only pertains to applicants from high risk countries.

Yours is a CSL application and should - on the face of it - be finalised without further significant delay. I would be inclined to ask your agent to take the matter to a manager of the team handling your visa application. Your agent should have names and email addresses.

Best regards.

#13 ·
Hi Alan,

Thanks for that. I have chased the agent and they have confirmed the application has taken longer to process than they would expect, and that they will make further contact. To be fair to them they had chased on two occasions previously, but no committed or informative response had been received.

I'm puzzled though, DIAC not spoken to my work references and data protection stops them talking to many/any people over here aside those companies/individuals supplied, so what sort of thing are they "processing"? The documentation provided at the outset would indicate we qualify.

Or is this a euphemism for being filed at the bottom of someones desk..

I think some of the frustration is borne from the fact that this is not a free service, we have paid a significant sum to enter the process. On that basis a level of service /is/ expected - however much that might cut across public sector service delivery the world over..

Huff!

Kevin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.