Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am applying for NSW nomination for visa 190. I have enough points for getting an invite from NSW. However, I noticed that NSW nomination process can take 12 weeks. If it does take 12 weeks, I will apply for visa after my birthday. Will I lose points for my age or will DIBP consider my points (and age) at the time of getting state nomination?

For visa 189, it is pretty simple. DIBP considers the points at time of invitation to apply. For 190, there is an extra step of state nomination. SO am confused. ANy response will be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
882 Posts
Your EOI points will be freezed when you have been invited . Invitations may take long , nobody really knows the pattern . Do whatever you can to get high points to get an invitation.

State nomination does have an additional approval stage

·
Registered
5 Posts
Latest starus

Hi

I am applying for NSW nomination for visa 190. I have enough points for getting an invite from NSW. However, I noticed that NSW nomination process can take 12 weeks. If it does take 12 weeks, I will apply for visa after my birthday. Will I lose points for my age or will DIBP consider my points (and age) at the time of getting state nomination?

For visa 189, it is pretty simple. DIBP considers the points at time of invitation to apply. For 190, there is an extra step of state nomination. SO am confused. ANy response will be much appreciated.

Thanks
I am actually in the same boat as you albeit 2 years later and in fact perhaps in worse shape.. Can you please let me know how your case proceeded ? As for my case :

I got the pre-invite from NSW and applied for the state nomination.. It is still under process but I lost points on account of my age recently .. Did you face the same situation ? If yes how did NSW process your case ? Even with the point loss I stand with 70 points [that is excluding 5 points for state nomination].. Any inputs would be really helpful.

·
Registered
23,862 Posts
I am actually in the same boat as you albeit 2 years later and in fact perhaps in worse shape.. Can you please let me know how your case proceeded ? As for my case :

I got the pre-invite from NSW and applied for the state nomination.. It is still under process but I lost points on account of my age recently .. Did you face the same situation ? If yes how did NSW process your case ? Even with the point loss I stand with 70 points [that is excluding 5 points for state nomination].. Any inputs would be really helpful.
If you were losing points for age, you could have written to nsw and requested for priority processing
Anyways I don’t think it will affect your final invite

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you were losing points for age, you could have written to nsw and requested for priority processing
Anyways I don’t think it will affect your final invite

Cheers
First of all many thanks for the super swift response :)

My agent states he did write to NSW Apparently according to him they are swamped with work hence not responding .. Not very convinced but anyways there is little I can do at this stage but wait.

Feel a little bit better to hear that it won't it will not impact my case. I hope they don't consider this as over claiming of points [which won't be logical really ] or put me back in the pool since I have lesser score now.

Thanks and Regards.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Dear kr79,

Can you please tell since how long you are waiting for the final invitation after submission of NSW application?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear kr79,

Can you please tell since how long you are waiting for the final invitation after submission of NSW application?
Sure .. It has been just under 2 weeks . Does that make any difference to my case ?

Thanks and Regards.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Sure .. It has been just under 2 weeks . Does that make any difference to my case ?

Thanks and Regards.
I think you had to send them email on very next day of submission of application to prioritize your application for processing. I would suggest you to send them email with your SRN number as subject and explain them your situation with your passport bio-page as an attachment, which I believe your agent already did. I hope you will get the final invitation soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear kr79,

Thanks and Regards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you had to send them email on very next day of submission of application to prioritize your application for processing. I would suggest you to send them email with your SRN number as subject and explain them your situation with your passport bio-page as an attachment, which I believe your agent already did. I hope you will get the final invitation soon.
You are right about the process. My agent says he did it . But given that no decision was made before I turned 40 I am worried. At this point all I can do is wait. Thanks a lot for hoping for positive outcome in my case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts