Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am new to this blog & this is my first post. I am interested in living pt in Los Barriles bc sur mx. I have a ton of questions and any information would be greatly appreciated.

Accomodations: are there any resources that could be recommended for houses for rent by the month that are clean and reasonably priced?

Food & water: are there local markets in Los Barriles? What type of food items do they sell.

Medical: Is there a clinic in Los Barriles? If not what is the closest location.

Gas Stations: Are there any in Los Barriles if no where is the closest one

Any other info would be greatly appreciated. :alien:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hi all. I am new to this blog & this is my first post. I am interested in living pt in Los Barriles bc sur mx. I have a ton of questions and any information would be greatly appreciated.

Accomodations: are there any resources that could be recommended for houses for rent by the month that are clean and reasonably priced?

Food & water: are there local markets in Los Barriles? What type of food items do they sell.

Medical: Is there a clinic in Los Barriles? If not what is the closest location.

We've only spent a couple of hours in Los Barriles on two occasions, so cannot help, but these are such basic questions that could be answered in a few minutes on your first visit. You are planning a visit before deciding to locate there, right?

·
Registered
435 Posts

With only 81 listings on VRBO it must be a small fishing village of around 300 and only a Shaman for medical needs. I doubt you will be lacking anything a person needs.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I've passed through Los Barriles and stopped at a gas station. I seem to recall two but can't swear to it. There are plenty of supermarkets and medical facilities in La Paz and Los Cabos, more than an hour's drive in opposite directions, but I don't know about Los Barriles itself. From the highway, it looks like an upscale resort community, so my guess would be that rentals would fall into the "vacation rental" category, but I really can't say for sure, sorry.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You can take a tour of Barriles with Google Maps or Google Earth. I saw a Centro de Salud in the middle of the town.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hi, I am wondering if you made the move to Los Barriles. I was thinking of doing just that and then with the new income guidelines it made me pause. How was your experience? Thank you for your time. Debby

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the same boat, thinking about making the move down there full time.

Do you know if internet connectivity is an issue in the area?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm in the same boat, thinking about making the move down there full time.

Do you know if internet connectivity is an issue in the area?
It's been 3 years since we were last in Los Barriles, but I think you'd find most of the services you'd need - either right in town or within an hours' drive north or south. I recall a small, modern shopping centre at the main highway junction, with a good restaurant - and several years ago, we had one of the best pizzas we've ever had - anywhere- at Tio Pablo's in Los Barriles. There's a large and popular trailer park, Martin Verdugos, along the water that has served vacationers for years. I doubt those folks would bother staying if services weren't available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.