Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help, i am looking to move to Toronto with my wife and daughter and was looking for help, i have an aunt and uncle in canada who would sponsor me but i would like to do the move on my own, does anyone know of any good job search sites in the Toronto area that look to take on people from abroad.I am also wondering how people have made the move and how long it took for the application to be completed
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I hope someone can help, i am looking to move to Toronto with my wife and daughter and was looking for help, i have an aunt and uncle in canada who would sponsor me but i would like to do the move on my own, does anyone know of any good job search sites in the Toronto area that look to take on people from abroad.I am also wondering how people have made the move and how long it took for the application to be completed
Thanks in advance
Hello there and welcome to the site,

Firstly I must tell you that your aunt and unlcle will not be permitted to sponsor you, so you are on your own anyway, but it does help to have someone here.
Secondly, what is your occupation? There are, with a few exceptions, only two methods of getting into Canada. You must either have an occupation in THE LIST of 38 Canada deems it desperately needs or you must have pre-arranged employment. If you fall into these two categories it should take 6-12 months. Otherwise a regular application will take 5-7 years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
UK to Canada

Hi,
It took us 6 months to get the perm residency status VISA, now its the PR Card. Use the CIC Immigration site and also read the paper Canada News from the High Commission of Canada near Bond Street for immigration news. We applied indendently through the point system.
Job hunting would be monster dot ca or workopolis dot com
Good luck..
G

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hi,
It took us 6 months to get the perm residency status VISA, now its the PR Card. Use the CIC Immigration site and also read the paper Canada News from the High Commission of Canada near Bond Street for immigration news. We applied indendently through the point system.
Job hunting would be monster dot ca or workopolis dot com
Good luck..
G
Your post is somewhat misleading to someone asking questions about immigrating to here. You say it took you 6 months to get PR status. What is your occupation? The only way I know that could be achieved. is that you have an occupation on THE LIST. Having the required 67 points or more would not necessarily, in and of itself, get you PR ststus.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Moving to Canada

ok..let me clarify...
We got the landed papers within 6 months of applying as we were in the skilled category. Once we were in Toronto we applied for the PR Card..this could take an additional 3-6 months.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.