1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first i want to say hi from Uk
i'm glad that i find this website coz is really full of important info

but every story is different so i decide to write my own thread

i'm 30y old and i live last nearly 5 years in UK but i still hold polish passport which can be important for legal procedure in some country

after this period in UK i have enough of rain and i decide to move to sun

about job i'm flexible i'm self-employed right now drive taxi at present but in past i worked as bouncer (security in night clubs) i was sales rep for blue chip companies
at present i'm on personal trainer training

i'm thinking about country across Caribbean sea or USA coast

i have some money and ideally i want to setup small restaurant or pub which i have done in past so i know how to do it

so i will be very happy for any advice about ideal place

how much i have to prepare to invest in some Caribbean island to get permission to live there
it will be nice if it will be more civilised than Dominicana also with small criminal activity
so any suggestion is more than welcome

second plan is go to USA probably easiest on student visa after that try to find job sponsor or wife ;)

so i wait for any suggestion about my plans and maybe some suggestion about place

and i want to wish happy new year 2010 for all expats

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi again
thanks for a lot of interest and a lot of important info in my thread:)

when i have some time i try reply for all question thanks again :D

oo and one more thing, do not write all of you at the same time coz it will be mess :cool:

·
Administrator
50,428 Posts
Robert,
I'm sorry you didn't get any responses to your message, but it could be that your plan is simply a little bit overly optimistic.

It's normally very difficult to qualify for a visa as a "personal trainer" because the term is used for lots of different things, and there may or may not be a market for this where you'd like to go.

Your ideas about going to the US are definitely a bit optimistic.

In any event, not wanting to be bearers of bad news, that may account for the lack of response.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robert,
I'm sorry you didn't get any responses to your message, but it could be that your plan is simply a little bit overly optimistic.

It's normally very difficult to qualify for a visa as a "personal trainer" because the term is used for lots of different things, and there may or may not be a market for this where you'd like to go.

Your ideas about going to the US are definitely a bit optimistic.

In any event, not wanting to be bearers of bad news, that may account for the lack of response.
Cheers,
Bev

hi
personal trainer is more as hobby

i know is hard go in to states so also i'm thinking about some british overseas teritory such as some island on carribean sea to setup restaurant or pub , usa is plan B coz is to difficult to get proper visa

i open this thread to contact some people who live in carribean sea islands to get some practical advices

thanks for your reply :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
What about Cyprus? Id say Greece but its not the best economically/business-wise (spain? portugal?) even Australia isnt bad (it has sun!!) Best place for sun in my search is California.. unfortunately - need a work visa (damn!) Australia you do too.. but start applying for jobs? otherwise.. id say mediterranean countries are most likely to give you a good deal of sunshine. (Id say Dubai but thats ovoerheating.. South Africa? not sure bout visa procedures there..ermm... rest ov middle east has the too much heat argument along with Muslim limitations.. duno how much fun or normality that will be for someone whos not used to it. - then theres Thailand - another hectic country at the moment.. but does hide opportunities.

IF you already found a place = where did you end up?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, Southern California has 200 days of sunshine at 75F. There's plenty of work if you're flexible. However, the cost of housing is probably on par with London. Be prepared to live in the, "Ghetto" and pay over half your monthly income for rent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi
i wasn't on this website for a while
i'm still in UK nothing change for last few months
problem with usa or australia is as Elaria mentioned visa

is anyone have some experience with thailand ? i heard a lot of positive feedback about living there ?

anyway i still make my research and i plan to move to sun in 2011 so i still have some time but all opinion is more than welcome
:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts