Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am looking to move soon to the canary islands and inwould like to rent a bar and a flat long term anyone got any contacts please ? Also will be looking to make friends as I know no one there .

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi I am looking to move soon to the canary islands and inwould like to rent a bar and a flat long term anyone got any contacts please ? Also will be looking to make friends as I know no one there .

Go for a fact finding visit, get a feel for the Islands, meet people etc. I'm not sure how things are in the Canaries, but on mainland spain renting a bar isnt advisable due to the recession

Jo xxx

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Risky!!!!
Very Risky!!!!

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Have a look at the south of the larger islands, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, that is where the tourists are.

You really need a fact finding venture, although the tourist industry is booming, lots of the hotels are all inclusive, so many tourists do not use the bars.

I live in the Canaries, El Hierro. Life here is good, however I am retired so don't need to work

I also speak the language.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.