Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just trying to get some feed back on life in the canaries ! been over few times, luv the weather & the pace of life but know it must be different once over there to live, whats the main obstacles when moving, getting accom, health care & jobs ?

Any help appreciated

Gray

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi all, just trying to get some feed back on life in the canaries ! been over few times, luv the weather & the pace of life but know it must be different once over there to live, whats the main obstacles when moving, getting accom, health care & jobs ?

Any help appreciated

Gray

The main obsacle will be getting a job, so if thats pivitol to moving there then thats your first obstacle. Apart from that, I believe the canaries are slightly more expensive than the main land, but the climate is more steady (not quite as hot in the summer, but not as cold in the winter to the main land). A fact finding mission could be in order??

jo xx

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

Any help appreciated

Gray
Hi Gray

Welcome :)

Jojo is spot on here ... if you need to work then thats got to be something you need to look into asap! I dont know if the unemployment figures for the Islands are on a par (or worse) than the mainland - but its currently running just under 19% here which is awful! even in comparison to the UK which I believe is just under 8% at the moment ......

Moving / accomodation / health care are relatively simple to sort out - but the jobs are the stumbling block for many people at the moment! :(

Sue :ranger:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.