Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!
I'm originally from the UK and work for a Dutch company, moving to Amsterdam last year. I'm now exploring my options of being able to move back to the UK and still work for the company. I'm not sure how the Brexit and tax implications come into effect here if anyone can advise?

Thanks,
Lexi

·
Administrator
50,379 Posts
General rule of thumb is that you are considered to be working where you are physically located while doing the work. The usual options for something like this is that you either telecommute (work remotely) or you ask your employer for a transfer to their UK office (if they have one). The key thing is that you need to conform to UK labor laws and pay UK taxes and social insurances. For remote work, there is the possibility of working as a contractor, but there are some issues with that approach if you don't have other clients you are working for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
General rule of thumb is that you are considered to be working where you are physically located while doing the work. The usual options for something like this is that you either telecommute (work remotely) or you ask your employer for a transfer to their UK office (if they have one). The key thing is that you need to conform to UK labor laws and pay UK taxes and social insurances. For remote work, there is the possibility of working as a contractor, but there are some issues with that approach if you don't have other clients you are working for.
Thanks for your response! :) appreciate the help. Understood regarding taxes and insurances, I think those will be the biggest hurdle but I will see if there is something the company can recommend and if they have considered the possibility with other workers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts