Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
I am moving to Australia, Sydney on September 14th and I am intending to live there for a minimum of at least a year. The only "problem" is that I am not going with anyone and therefore I am going to be looking to be making some friends when I am there. If there is anyone in a similar position to me/or just lives in Sydney and would like to make a new friend, then leave and email or some way of contacting you below. I genuinely don't care what you look like, whether you are male or female; black or white; tall or short; young or old.... I really don't care, I just want to meet as many new and interesting people as possible. I'm not going to judge you at all, I'm just looking to meet up now and again to get a coffee or go to the cinema etc.

Just because you may be curious, I am 18 years old from the Uk, my name is James and I guess I'll give you a list of things I like to give you an insight into me:

Marvel
Dc Comics
Deadpool (Movie)
Liverpool F.C
Bates Motel (Tv Show)
The Flash (Tv Show)
F.R.I.E.N.D.S (No.1 fave Tv Show)
Rick and Morty (Tv Show)
Always Sunny In Philadelphia (Tv Show)
Youtube
Making Films/Short movies
Reading
Stand Up Comedy
Chris Pratt (He's a legend)
Harry Potter
Music

Tbh there's more I could put, but no one is probably reading this anyway :D. But yeah, feel free to comment below!!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hello there,
I am moving to Australia, Sydney on September 14th and I am intending to live there for a minimum of at least a year. The only "problem" is that I am not going with anyone and therefore I am going to be looking to be making some friends when I am there. If there is anyone in a similar position to me/or just lives in Sydney and would like to make a new friend, then leave and email or some way of contacting you below. I genuinely don't care what you look like, whether you are male or female; black or white; tall or short; young or old.... I really don't care, I just want to meet as many new and interesting people as possible. I'm not going to judge you at all, I'm just looking to meet up now and again to get a coffee or go to the cinema etc.

Just because you may be curious, I am 18 years old from the Uk, my name is James and I guess I'll give you a list of things I like to give you an insight into me:

Marvel
Dc Comics
Deadpool (Movie)
Liverpool F.C
Bates Motel (Tv Show)
The Flash (Tv Show)
F.R.I.E.N.D.S (No.1 fave Tv Show)
Rick and Morty (Tv Show)
Always Sunny In Philadelphia (Tv Show)
Youtube
Making Films/Short movies
Reading
Stand Up Comedy
Chris Pratt (He's a legend)
Harry Potter
Music

Tbh there's more I could put, but no one is probably reading this anyway :D. But yeah, feel free to comment below!!

If Sydney has pub culture anywhere close what UK has, I'm sure it wont be hard to make friends. However, if I'm moving there anywhere close to Sep, I would love to catch up ...

Speaking of EPL, how are you planning to catch up on games once you move? The timings are all wonky..

·
Registered
109 Posts
If Sydney has pub culture anywhere close what UK has, I'm sure it wont be hard to make friends. However, if I'm moving there anywhere close to Sep, I would love to catch up ...

Speaking of EPL, how are you planning to catch up on games once you move? The timings are all wonky..
So true. It is always good to have more contacts especially at a new place and/or country. Will like to catch up when i am there next year if you are still around.
Cheers

·
Registered
87 Posts
hey, give me a shout when you come. i moved in November so still pretty fresh to the city too. we could catch up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hey thanks bro! I really appreciate the advice and yeah, let me know if you are nearby at any point. In regards to the football, I actually have no idea xD. Depending on the matches, maybe I'll stay up and watch them somehow, or if it's like Liverpool Vs West Brom, I'll probably just watch the highlights afterwards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So true. It is always good to have more contacts especially at a new place and/or country. Will like to catch up when i am there next year if you are still around.
Cheers

Hell yeah bro, I'd love to catch up. I'll give you a shout out once I get there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hell yeah bro, I'd love to catch up. I'll give you a shout out once I get there.

I am not bro but I do enjoy a good football match. My big bro is a big Reds fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not bro but I do enjoy a good football match. My big bro is a big Reds fan

You're not bro? Sorry if that offended you, I just tend to call a lot of people that :D. But btw, your brother has very good taste in football teams! :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
You're not bro? Sorry if that offended you, I just tend to call a lot of people that :D. But btw, your brother has very good taste in football teams! :)

🤣, I am kinda used to it cause I get that a lot. No offence taken.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're not bro? Sorry if that offended you, I just tend to call a lot of people that
. But btw, your brother has very good taste in football teams!

🤣, I am kinda used to it cause I get that a lot. No offence taken.

Haha no problem. Well I'll look forward to seeing you in Australia (I don't know your name, so I'll give you a placeholder name of) Justin (xD)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Haha no problem. Well I'll look forward to seeing you in Australia (I don't know your name, so I'll give you a placeholder name of) Justin (xD)
Justin is my brother name, LOL. Mine is Jasmine. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts