Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to make friends

hello all,

i am looking to make friends in dubai and expand my network. Let me know if there are any like-minded people out there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
am afraid that it is hard to make friends in dubai,everybody is busy,life is expensive ,people are there to work and make money,most of the time is spent in the day job and the transportation...your best bet is if you have 2 days off u will have better chances...

best of luck...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excuse me?!

Very cynical. Well I am a regular visitor and moving to Dubai in the new year and I know thats not the case.

Well done for giving someone a convidence boost. Perhaps in future dont bother if your comments are negative? It may be a reflection on your personal lifestyle, dont tarnish the expected-youthful-exciting-friend-making experience of Dubai with your brush.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey.

Im moving in the new year. if you are still around then let me know. Will be looking for friends myself!

Sarah

·
Registered
3 Posts
Relocating in January too!

Hi Sarah and Harry,

I'm not sure if you already live in Dubai Harry, sorry it wasn't clear. But i am also relocating the beginning of January Sarah. Looking to make friends.. brittish expats who are going through the similar thing. Been to Dubai many times it will already feel a bit like home but theres nothing like trying to rebuild your social circle, and feel a bit more welcome in a new city.

:)

Emma

·
Registered
47 Posts
good to hear so many people looking to make friends,

make me alot more reassured,

im moving out in january and could do with a hand looking for accomodation and having a beer or two,

i think you can find my personal email adress on my profile,

laters

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey guys wassup, am moved to dubai too well i did a job hunt n i got a job for now am working am looking to make friends too i got 2 days off fri n sat.. so still can meet.. hre is my number u can drop sms becoz in my job i cant pick up phones as am still under training i dun wan my ass to b kicked out LOOL.. u can defrinitly call after 6pm dubai time(Ref GMT+4)

oops am 23 y o not too old ya ;)

cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't worry about moving to Dubai. My experience is that it is much easier to make new friends here than it is in Europe. Many people are new too and don't have the family commitments as they have back home.

It is many times one of the first topics in a conversation: 'where do you come from and how long have you been in Dubai'.

Welcome to Dubai & enjoy!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi..i am new to dubai been here 3wks now. Trying to find groups online to meet people. Came from perth australia. new to this site... would be great to meet others in the same boat..shaz

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys wassup, am moved to dubai too well i did a job hunt n i got a job for now am working am looking to make friends too i got 2 days off fri n sat.. so still can meet.. hre is my number u can drop sms becoz in my job i cant pick up phones as am still under training i dun wan my ass to b kicked out LOOL.. u can defrinitly call after 6pm dubai time(Ref GMT+4)

oops am 23 y o not too old ya ;)

cheers
Hi,

I am also looking for good friends
Pls contact

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey.

Im moving in the new year. if you are still around then let me know. Will be looking for friends myself!

Sarah
hi sarah,
my name is younesse, i m new in dubai, two months ago, i saw ur message so i decided to write you, i wish we can be friends in dubai, if you speak french that would be good, hope to hear from you, this is my mail adress and my phone number, younesse

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello All,

Just moved to Dubai from Melbourne. Am looking for friends for friendship, movies, travelling (in and around Dubai), dinners etc

Am working with an Australian MNC travelling across Middle East and Africa on regular basis.

Cheers,

Duggy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just moved to Dubai from Melbourne. Am looking for friends for friendship, movies, travelling (in and around Dubai), dinners etc

Am working with an Australian MNC travelling across Middle East and Africa on regular basis.

Cheers,

Duggy
Hi Duggy

Fellow Ozzie here - how long have you been in Dubai? How are you liking it so far?

Ive made a few friends since arriving but always open to expanding social network :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

Thanks for your message. I have been here for just 5 days now and am setting up my apartment now. Its been good so far, cant complain but its a bit noisy and crowded out here.

What do u do and how can we get in touch? I am orginally an Indian settled in Australia for last 7 years-wa working for Dulux in Melb.

What about u?

Cheers,

Duggy

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi sarah
my name is jonas, i m also new in dubai, three months and half, it would be pleasure to meet you and share discovering dubai, you can contact me by mail or msn or telephone cell phone xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx hope to hear from you,

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi emme,
i sent you message but you didn t replay, did you arrived to dubai? make us a sign, if you want we can be friends and meet others frinds in dubai, don t hesitat to contact me, to my cell phone xxxxxx
or my mail and msn xxxxxxxx
thnx in advance hope to hear from you soon
jonas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi .... Looking for friends in Dubai!

Hi i am 31 and single ! I have been here ( Dubai) for almost ten months now and yet to make friends ... whom i can hang out with . The few i do are the folks who work with me ( TV Channel). It's time i have friends outside the media zone. Anyone with a cool head, and an aptitude for wit is welcome !!

1 - 20 of 400 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.