Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I am planning to land in Melbourne with a job offer on August 2017. My office will be near Toorak Road, Near Toorak station. What would be the best areas to look for accommodation. I am looking for a flat share with private room with easy 30mins commute to my office in Toorak road for initial 3 months, till i get my family. Can you please suggest some locations, so that i can start searching via Gumtree.

Will it be difficult to search and arrange stay, while i am in UK?

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hello,

I am planning to land in Melbourne with a job offer on August 2017. My office will be near Toorak Road, Near Toorak station. What would be the best areas to look for accommodation. I am looking for a flat share with private room with easy 30mins commute to my office in Toorak road for initial 3 months, till i get my family. Can you please suggest some locations, so that i can start searching via Gumtree.

Will it be difficult to search and arrange stay, while i am in UK?

Thanks in Advance.
Anything within 20 km radius of Toorak should be good for you. Depending on how close you stay from Toorak, it will cost higher or cheaper. Some good suburbs are - Camberwell, Prahran, Malvern, Glen Iris, Burwood, Oakleigh, Clayton, Carnegie, Murrumbeena, Kew, Box hill. Depending on your budget and preference, you may choose to live in City either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anything within 20 km radius of Toorak should be good for you. Depending on how close you stay from Toorak, it will cost higher or cheaper. Some good suburbs are - Camberwell, Prahran, Malvern, Glen Iris, Burwood, Oakleigh, Clayton, Carnegie, Murrumbeena, Kew, Box hill. Depending on your budget and preference, you may choose to live in City either.
This person is right. Some of those areas are more pricey than others. The closer you are to Toorak, the more expensive it will be. Try using airbnb if you want something temporary and if you want a longer stay, then use www.realestate.com.au to be able to look for an apartment/home to rent. Rent is advertised with the price per week but paid monthly. Usually you will need to sign for a year. Typically, you visit the apartment/home when there is an open house and then apply to rent it.
I hope this helps.
Adubs

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your reply. Will start searching in Gumtree & real estate based on the suggestions. Hope this is the right time to start looking as i am planning to land in Melbourne on Aug 9th.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts