Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am male easy going professional British Guy trying to find a decent place to live in Abu Dhabi. I spend a lot of my time at work and I have wasted so much time looking at some of the dumps the agents keep showing me. Is there anyone out there with a decent room or apartment or know of anywhere coming up? I am easy to get on with, like a social now and then, enjoy rugby, clean and tidy, non smoker. Ideally I want something not feet away from a mosque, furnished with internet or wifi and parking for up to 6 months. My wife will visit very very occasionally so I would like somewhere half decent. If you think you can help me out please pm me.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am male easy going professional British Guy trying to find a decent place to live in Abu Dhabi. I spend a lot of my time at work and I have wasted so much time looking at some of the dumps the agents keep showing me. Is there anyone out there with a decent room or apartment or know of anywhere coming up? I am easy to get on with, like a social now and then, enjoy rugby, clean and tidy, non smoker. Ideally I want something not feet away from a mosque, furnished with internet or wifi and parking for up to 6 months. My wife will visit very very occasionally so I would like somewhere half decent. If you think you can help me out please pm me.

Cheers
Have you found somewhere to live yet?....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes - the UK. Sorry had enough - Goodbye All!!
Why?? We are just about to come out to Abu Dhabi - would be really interested to know why you've canned it and decided to come home.... Is life out in Abu Dhabi really that bad, or accommodation that hard to come by? Please tell all....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Unfortunately, YES life there is miserable...
here is my story:
I am professor came from canada with wife and 2 small kids (2 and 5 years) in the middle of August (Ramadan and was hot as hell...) after only 14 days decided to send them back to canada....still they are there..
currently am still in UAE.. but still living in hotel (being exactly 36 days..so far..)
housing is very difficult in Abudabi.. and dealing with agents (99% of them had no licence.. perhaps all ) showing you apartments with NO PARKING.. the whole buildings HAVE NO PARKING......and of course very expensive....in most cases they show you apartments that still people working in and tell you would be ready in a week [but please remember that TIME IS NOT DEFINED HERE]... 5minute does NOT mean 5minute... and tomorrow dose NOT mean tomorrow.....INSHALLA is another story...
So I gave up in abudabi... and will go to Dubai (Discovery garden) to get an apartment and commute every day..... I have tried the highway (it is being 10 days..not so bad... especially if coming from UK.. (that is what people told me.. as you have busy streets...)
for me it is OK so far....FOR ME WAS A BIG MISTAKE - THIS IS A PERSONAL EXP.
(if you could leave the family there, and come by yourself at least for the first couple months till to get use to every thing and finish the paper work (disaster), that would ease many things to you and your family......
email me if you need more info. please
good luck
Dylan
Why?? We are just about to come out to Abu Dhabi - would be really interested to know why you've canned it and decided to come home.... Is life out in Abu Dhabi really that bad, or accommodation that hard to come by? Please tell all....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.