Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
There is one currently being advertised on one of the Facebook buy and sell in Paphos type site. It's a baby grand for €4,500.

Like most countries the bands you see nowadays usually use electronic pianos or keyboards. How the real thing fairs in this climate with regard to tuning I have no idea.

Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Pete/ piano info

Thank You Pete I appreciate that very much your information is very nice yes I am asking primarily about acoustic but yes I understand that most people utilize Digital for electric keyboards these days just need to findhow to find more information any ideas are appreciated thank you

·
Registered
587 Posts
There are probably more pianos per head of population in Cyprus than most European countries. it is one of the standard instruments for teaching music. Up until relatively recently, piano lessons were almost obligatory for the upwardly mobile kids of the well to do ( and that covers pretty much all of the central Nicosian families). I know of no house that I have visited that does not have at least an upright. there are also no shortages of piano shops, tuners, teachers etc...at least not in Nicosia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts