Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Looking for Jan 2014 start - Primary School Teacher

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Natashab2468 
#1 ·
Just wondered if anyone else was looking to start work in January 2014 as a Primary School Teacher in Dubai? If so, where are you looking / what have you been offered / which schools? The closing dates are all really late!

Also, any info from those lucky enough to have gone in September 2013 do you have any tips for securing a job. How close to the physical moving date did you receive your offers / paperwork?

How is the accommodation working out for you / can you have guests stay?

Apologies for so many questions in one post.

All help is very much appreciated.

Natasha

#3 · (Edited)
I start in January at a primary school in Dubai. A bit of cost getting documents attested but was done within two weeks.

Obviously haven't seen the accommodation yet, but am quite excited!

I looked on the TES; applied for three jobs for Jan start, was offered 3 interviews via Skype. Picked the best one.

Agencies seemed to be dealing with vacancies at 'lesser schools' in Dubai and became quite aggressive to try to get me to take positions in Qatar or Saudi (I think they were desperate for that one as the money kept going up and up)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.