Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm an IT professional with 10+ years of experience. I had joined a leading IT MNC as a fresher and have worked there till 2 May 2022. In May, I have joined a new company. I have been to Australia for 22 months and to Europe for about 11 months on deputation in my career.

I know that it has become almost impossible to get it from offshore locations in past few years but I just want to try my luck.

I have work reference document(on company's letterhead) from my first company. However, they have not mentioned my role changes, different locations of work and time period in it. They have just mentioned my name, employee id, current designation, my role and responsibilities, skill set and that I'm a full time employee.

I can maybe convince an ex-colleague for co-worker letter but even with that I need an email from company on letterhead giving the reason for not providing the reference letter. Company has denied to provide such a letter.
I have all the pay slips from my previous company and also have access to the bank statements of last 10 years.

I have below concerns regarding ACS:

1. Like I mentioned, my work reference letter is not in the exact format that ACS expects. Will ACS accept it?

2. I have the work reference letter from 1st company dated 29 April 2022. My last working day in that company was 2 May 2022. Can I use that letter? Is it mandatory to provide the letter from current company?

3. I have pay slips and bank statements(for 11 month period in Europe) that are in native language. I have tried to contact Australian consulate/embassy in my country for a list of approved translators but they aren't responding.
Does anyone know how to find approved translators?
I have contacted ACS as well and below is their response:
"The assessor would examine your documentation at the time of formal assessment however may not be assessed for not meeting the documentation requirements for translated documentation.
Should these periods not be assessed they would simply be noted on your result letter as being ‘not assessable’"

TBH, I don't care about that 1 year period. If ACS marks it as not-assessable, I'm fine with it.
But it's not clear from their response whether they will assess rest of my experience(10 - 1 year in Europe = 9 years) or not. I'm afraid that they might cancel my application completely or don't award any points at all.

If anyone has faced similar situation or have any idea about ACS response in such a case, then please share your experiences/views.

I want to go ahead if there is a high chance of getting a positive assessment.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
26,264 Posts
Hi All,

I'm an IT professional with 10+ years of experience. I had joined a leading IT MNC as a fresher and have worked there till 2 May 2022. In May, I have joined a new company. I have been to Australia for 22 months and to Europe for about 11 months on deputation in my career.

I know that it has become almost impossible to get it from offshore locations in past few years but I just want to try my luck.

I have work reference document(on company's letterhead) from my first company. However, they have not mentioned my role changes, different locations of work and time period in it. They have just mentioned my name, employee id, current designation, my role and responsibilities, skill set and that I'm a full time employee.

I can maybe convince an ex-colleague for co-worker letter but even with that I need an email from company on letterhead giving the reason for not providing the reference letter. Company has denied to provide such a letter.
I have all the pay slips from my previous company and also have access to the bank statements of last 10 years.

I have below concerns regarding ACS:

1. Like I mentioned, my work reference letter is not in the exact format that ACS expects. Will ACS accept it?

2. I have the work reference letter from 1st company dated 29 April 2022. My last working day in that company was 2 May 2022. Can I use that letter? Is it mandatory to provide the letter from current company?

3. I have pay slips and bank statements(for 11 month period in Europe) that are in native language. I have tried to contact Australian consulate/embassy in my country for a list of approved translators but they aren't responding.
Does anyone know how to find approved translators?
I have contacted ACS as well and below is their response:
"The assessor would examine your documentation at the time of formal assessment however may not be assessed for not meeting the documentation requirements for translated documentation.
Should these periods not be assessed they would simply be noted on your result letter as being ‘not assessable’"

TBH, I don't care about that 1 year period. If ACS marks it as not-assessable, I'm fine with it.
But it's not clear from their response whether they will assess rest of my experience(10 - 1 year in Europe = 9 years) or not. I'm afraid that they might cancel my application completely or don't award any points at all.

If anyone has faced similar situation or have any idea about ACS response in such a case, then please share your experiences/views.

I want to go ahead if there is a high chance of getting a positive assessment.

Thanks in advance!
1. The format is not important, it’s the content
A general reference letter that you have will not suffice
ACS will need the breakup of each designation and location RnR separately
I doubt you will get a positive assessment with this reference letter, but if you want to gamble, it’s your decision
2. You will get points til 29 April for the previous company
No big deal
If you don’t provide documents for current company, you will not get assessed for it
It will not have any repurcussions on your previous employment assessment
3. You can get the documents translated through a NAATI approved translator
Just google for NAATi translator, contact the person you like, send him the documents and payment, and they will send you the translalated copy which you can use everywhere in Australia
Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

One of my friend had applied in 2020 with work reference letter similar to mine(we both were working in same company) and he had got positive assessment. In fact, he got his PR as well this year. He was in Australia all that time.

Few more things:

1. If I submit self-translated payslips/bank statements for that 1 year, what will be the impact on overall assessment? Will they assess rest of my experience(~9 years)?
2. Does the work reference letter need to be digitally signed/verifiable? I don't see any such thing in their guidelines but have read something similar in some posts on this forum.
3. I have an option to move to Australia on deputation in my current job. Any idea what will be my chances of getting PR if I move there compared to offshore? I can think about moving only if my chances improve considerably.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26,264 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

One of my friend had applied in 2020 with work reference letter similar to mine(we both were working in same company) and he had got positive assessment. In fact, he got his PR as well this year. He was in Australia all that time.

Few more things:

1. If I submit self-translated payslips/bank statements for that 1 year, what will be the impact on overall assessment? Will they assess rest of my experience(~9 years)?
2. Does the work reference letter need to be digitally signed/verifiable? I don't see any such thing in their guidelines but have read something similar in some posts on this forum.
3. I have an option to move to Australia on deputation in my current job. Any idea what will be my chances of getting PR if I move there compared to offshore? I can think about moving only if my chances improve considerably.

Thanks!
1. If ACS, don’t accept your translation, only that 1 year will not be considered
It will have no impact on the other 9 years
2. It should be the scan of a physical letter signed by the company
I am not sure that digital signed letter will be accepted
3. Your chances improve. To what extent, will depend on your points
Cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, I also have a question related to ACS skills assessment. I'm a software engineer with 8+ years experience. I have done my skills assessment back in 2019 and I had got a positive skills assessment. But now it has been expired and going to do it again with the employments which I worked after 2019 and until now. I have an employment which didn't pay to my bank account, and just provided the salary in cash. But I had pay slips and in 2019 I got assessed that employment without any issues.

But I got to know recently from my migration agent now ACS asks for 2 proof of payment for the salary. As per their opinion although I have got an assessment for that mentioned employment, this time I have a chance that ACS won't assess that employment. Appreciate your ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
26,264 Posts
Hi, I also have a question related to ACS skills assessment. I'm a software engineer with 8+ years experience. I have done my skills assessment back in 2019 and I had got a positive skills assessment. But now it has been expired and going to do it again with the employments which I worked after 2019 and until now. I have an employment which didn't pay to my bank account, and just provided the salary in cash. But I had pay slips and in 2019 I got assessed that employment without any issues.

But I got to know recently from my migration agent now ACS asks for 2 proof of payment for the salary. As per their opinion although I have got an assessment for that mentioned employment, this time I have a chance that ACS won't assess that employment. Appreciate your ideas?

Cheers
Cash payment for salary is no longer accepted by ACS
Your agent is correct
You will not get a positive assessment for that employment
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts