Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonjour!

My name is Chris, and I have lived in Rouen, Normandie for almost a year. I work from home which makes it difficult to integrate into the community and would love to hear from anyone living in or around the same area.

I moved to France with my French girlfriend, and have a small group of French friends, but finding it hard to break out and meet new people.

I am looking forward to getting to know some fellow expats!

·
Administrator
51,292 Posts
Can't guarantee you that we have all that many forum members in Rouen, but if you're looking to meet folks on your own, Rouen does have an AVF group. avfrouen - Rouen

AVF is a "newcomers" organization that usually manages to attract both French and foreigners and to help integrate them into their new home. This is precisely the time of year when they associations are starting to get active again and should be out and about looking for new members. Don't worry that the website hasn't been updated recently - just note down their address - on the left side of the screen - and their hours for the permanence: 14h30 to 17h00 on Mondays and Thursdays.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rouen- meeting up

Hi Chris,

My name is Benni, I'm Italian and have been living in Rouen for almost 6 years now. I understand what you mean about finding it difficult to meet new people, my husband is French and we meet up with his friends, but it's not easy for me to meet people on my side, as I also work from home.

If you'd like to meet up after the holiday period maybe, feel free to send me a message at (brolando8 -at- hotmail dot com) for some reason I cannot write my proper email address down!

Wishing you season's greetings,

ciao,

Benni Rolando

Bonjour!

My name is Chris, and I have lived in Rouen, Normandie for almost a year. I work from home which makes it difficult to integrate into the community and would love to hear from anyone living in or around the same area.

I moved to France with my French girlfriend, and have a small group of French friends, but finding it hard to break out and meet new people.

I am looking forward to getting to know some fellow expats!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.