Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am currently living in Paris and I have been desperately searching for English speaking hairdressers here. Don't get me wrong, I can speak French, but when it comes to my hair, I would prefer to go to someone who can understand perfectly what I want. Has anyone ever been to a good (but not too expensive) hairstylist in the Paris area? If you have, please let me know who and where! Any help is appreciated!

·
Administrator
50,464 Posts
There used to be an "international" hairdressing salon just off the Rue Montaigne - owned by a German guy, who made a point of hiring at least one or two English speaking hairdressers. But, due to the address, the place was kind of pricey.

Best place to check for ads for English speaking hairdressers (or other services) is usually the FUSAC - the freebie want advertiser magazine for the anglophone community in Paris. I tried doing a quick search of the online edition, but didn't see an ad for the place. (OK, it was several years ago that I last went there.)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Sloane

There is an English speaking magazine published in Paris and a website (my memory fails) and distributed for free in all shops and pubs around Opera. I noticed that hairdressers advertise in it. Second option is to ask the concierge of an international hotel and 3rd option is to find a hairdresser in an international hotel.

Bev do you remember the name of this magazine, please help?

Most large and expensive hairdressers in VIIIeme (8) arrondissement speak English, same around Opera.

good luck

·
Administrator
50,464 Posts
Hi Sloane

There is an English speaking magazine published in Paris and a website (my memory fails) and distributed for free in all shops and pubs around Opera. I noticed that hairdressers advertise in it. Second option is to ask the concierge of an international hotel and 3rd option is to find a hairdresser in an international hotel.

Bev do you remember the name of this magazine, please help?

Most large and expensive hairdressers in VIIIeme (8) arrondissement speak English, same around Opera.

good luck
FUSAC - FUSAC - Petites annonces pour anglophones de Paris

Cheers,
Bev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.