Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I'm a 25 year old lonely person who is looking to find friends in Rome. I cannot find anybody that speaks english here. Most of the people I've met here are either tourists (that are leaving after 2 days) or people that love getting wasted in bars every night. I live by the Vatican and I am out every night just to find people like that. Are there normal people living here as well? lol.
I hope this will work because I don't know what else I can do to find a friend that will last here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
finding friends sharing moments

hi,

i'm french and i speak english...
I'm here for 1 and an half month and it's really difficult to meet person here.
I'm taking some italian's courses here, and individual courses in tourism in Roma.
I'm looking for nices persons for exchange nice moments, culturals visits, share a maximum of things as we are in a foreign country.
It's very difficult i know...so if you are interested and if you want to tell me more about you i would be really pleased to know you little bit more.

I hope hearing from you soon.
Elodie F.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi,

i'm french and i speak english...
I'm here for 1 and an half month and it's really difficult to meet person here.
I'm taking some italian's courses here, and individual courses in tourism in Roma.
I'm looking for nices persons for exchange nice moments, culturals visits, share a maximum of things as we are in a foreign country.
It's very difficult i know...so if you are interested and if you want to tell me more about you i would be really pleased to know you little bit more.

I hope hearing from you soon.
Elodie F.
Hey there

I know it can be difficult. I can definitely show you around, no problem!!! Send me a private message, I'll be also more than glad to help you with your italian (I speak Italian)
Hope to hear from you soon!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi everyone

I'm a 25 year old lonely person who is looking to find friends in Rome. I cannot find anybody that speaks english here. Most of the people I've met here are either tourists (that are leaving after 2 days) or people that love getting wasted in bars every night. I live by the Vatican and I am out every night just to find people like that. Are there normal people living here as well? lol.
I hope this will work because I don't know what else I can do to find a friend that will last here.
I was just browsing and came across yhour request, I am probably not in your age range (wrong side of 50!) but if you like will mention to my son aged 30, we have just moved to the L Aquila region, he was not meant to b e staying, but circumstances hav e changed, would you like to pass your infor to him, I will understand if you not interested.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there, my sister lives in rome and she is fluent in english....altought she is quite busy, she might give you advices and point you in the right direction....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, my name's Sarah, I'm from England. I'll stay in Rome from 10 Apr 2010 to 10 May 2010 so if you want, we can meet up. I'll stay near the Vatican City myself and my class is near there so it'll be good to meet you. My phone number is I'll be taking a course to teach English as a foreign language and I hope to learn some Italian!

I'd appreciate it if you would show me around.

Look forward to your reply.

Oh and don't worry I'm straight.

Sarah

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone

Hi! i'm Enrica , 22 years old ,student of political science.
i speak english quite well and i'm a normal girl who likes going out with friends,shopping, going to the cinema...
If u want we can meet up, send me a private message in case,
waiting 4 ur reply,
Enrica

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone

Hi, I'm an Italian girl, 35-years old, I live in Rome, and socializing can be difficult even for Italians... I'd like to find English speaking friends to share cultural visits, cinema, dancing salsa , and so on. If you want you can send me a message, so we can keep in touch, arrange a meeting and so on.
Regards, Francesca

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi!!

Hi everyone

Hi!!
I'm 28 and I'm Italian but I can speak fluent English. I live in Rome and I'm looking for new girl friends!
I will love to have an English speaking friend!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am also looking for new friends

Hi I am Rocio, 33, and just arrived in Rome

I would love to meet new friends here, it is very difficult at the beggining to meet people just for going out for a coffee, to go to the cinema.. normal things. I would love to meet people in the same situation as mine. we cn speak english, italian or spanish if you like!!

Looking forward!

Rocio

Hi!!
I'm 28 and I'm Italian but I can speak fluent English. I live in Rome and I'm looking for new girl friends!
I will love to have an English speaking friend!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone

Hello,

I've just moved to Rome as well, to live with my boyfriend, so I am here for a long term stay. I'm 28 years old and American, and would love to find a circle of English speaking friends here in Rome as my Italian is still very much in it's beginning stages! I'd be happy to hear from any of you. :)

Amy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello!

Hi Amy

I think it's a very good idea. I would love to have a group of english speakers to practise my english as well:), When you like we can meet to have a drink or a gelato.. or to visit the city (although perhanps this last idea is not a very good one..it's so hot...)Well, i leave you my email: [email protected] and we can arrange to meet one day, ok?

A presto!!

Hi I am Rocio, 33, and just arrived in Rome

I would love to meet new friends here, it is very difficult at the beggining to meet people just for going out for a coffee, to go to the cinema.. normal things. I would love to meet people in the same situation as mine. we cn speak english, italian or spanish if you like!!

Looking forward!

Rocio

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello!

Hi Amy

I think it's a very good idea. I would love to have a group of english speakers to practise my english as well:), When you like we can meet to have a drink or a gelato.. or to visit the city (although perhanps this last idea is not a very good one..it's so hot...)Well, i leave you my email: [email protected] and we can arrange to meet one day, ok?

A presto!!

I've just moved to Rome as well, to live with my boyfriend, so I am here for a long term stay. I'm 28 years old and American, and would love to find a circle of English speaking friends here in Rome as my Italian is still very much in it's beginning stages! I'd be happy to hear from any of you. :)

Amy[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2 Posts
friends in rome

Hello.. I am a 27 year old american nurse lookiong to relocate to Italy. I am sorry you are having such a hard time finding english speaking friends!! I was interested to see how you relocated to Rome.. Are you a student,working?? I am having trouble finding a way to make my move possible!!!!! Any ideas recomendations that you may have would be awesome!!!
meghan

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am sorry I dont understand what you are asking me, dont really understand "relocation". I found a job position to be filled here, I made an interview and then I moved here, I mean I found the job when I was still in Spain. Sorry I cant be of more help

Good luck

Hello.. I am a 27 year old american nurse lookiong to relocate to Italy. I am sorry you are having such a hard time finding english speaking friends!! I was interested to see how you relocated to Rome.. Are you a student,working?? I am having trouble finding a way to make my move possible!!!!! Any ideas recomendations that you may have would be awesome!!!
meghan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone

Hi there my name is Paolo ( Paul ) I moved to Rome from the UK a year ago.
If you ever want to meet up for a chat a drink drop me an email
at deleted personal info

Take care

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a 26 year old guy from the US who lives in Formia, i am always willing to meet new people so if you want to chat or meet up just private message me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
I am 26 and live in Formia, Italy. I would like to meet some new english speaking people around rome so if your interested just private message me.

Hope to hear from you,
Rob

1 - 20 of 93 Posts