Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be visiting Dubai from Oct. 2, 2017 to Nov. 6, 2017. I am in need of a tour guide to show me around the city and interpret for me if needed. If you are interested please respond.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I will be visiting Dubai from Oct. 2, 2017 to Nov. 6, 2017. I am in need of a tour guide to show me around the city and interpret for me if needed. If you are interested please respond.
Your name tells me you don't wish to pay for this guide? Because getting around Dubai by yourself is pretty easy and relatively inexpensive, cheap taxi's, hop on hop off tour buses, a good metro and lots of groupon tour coupons as well. A tour guide for a month would be major $ even if your could find one.

We can offer advice on what we each consider highlights if you share your interests.

My top list is:
1. Visit the Burj Khalifa during the day and at night. I like the bar called Atmosphere but it's pricy. A dinner at night in Souk Al Bahar gives amazing views of the fountain shows.
2. Visit the Marina and JBR area
3. Visit the Creek area, I like riding my bike around there, there are rentals available
4. Take a dune bashing desert trip.
5. Visit Hatta or Al Ain to see the mountains and countryside (rent a car).
6. A nice Friday brunch or two (I like the Madinat Jumaira for high end and Claw or McGettigans for mid-range)
7. Go to the Marines Club and listen to Cherie Garcia.
8. Visit Ski Dubai, if you don't want to go in have lunch at TGI Fridays that has windows where you can see the activities.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
7. Go to the Marines Club and listen to Cherie Garcia.
8. Visit Ski Dubai, if you don't want to go in have lunch at TGI Fridays that has windows where you can see the activities.
Do you think the OP is ready for Marine Club and the Lovely Lezzy?

I prefer Apres, better view of people falling over and decent wine too.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Do you think the OP is ready for Marine Club and the Lovely Lezzy?

I prefer Apres, better view of people falling over and decent wine too.
Is anyone really ready for her?

I'd have to give Apres a shot, TGI F doesn't serve!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts