Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 34 years old and i've lived in France for 15 years now and i'd love to meet British people talk to! Especially for my baby boy! It would be great for him to speak with english children. (Or scottish or welsh etc...)
Speak to you soon!
Sylvie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The "etc" meant also américan, australians, etc... But but not sure there are many in Chambery :) I'd love to meet them too of course!!!! lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, we currently live in lorraine but will moving to the chambery area in july and will be more than happy to speak English with you! X

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
You will both need to have 5 posts in order to private message each other (not a good idea to give private contact details via the forum).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you a student? You'll probably need more than 4 months to be able to speak french but keep confident! French is not the easiest language as everyone knows :-(
Suecal i confirm i can't send you private messages so send me one when you have your 5 posts if you want :)

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
You'll probably need more than 4 months to be able to speak french but keep confident! French is not the easiest language as everyone knows :-(
It's very common for people to underestimate how long it takes to learn another language, even just to conversational level. Even people who are bi- or multi-lingual are often surprised at the time required to learn an additional language, even though they usually will do so faster than those who only speak one language. It's not surprising as we do tend to take language for granted. That said, it does require effort.

Not sure that there is an easy language :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, i will try and post a bit more! But hectic our end with the build up to the move... We have been here over 3 years now and i still learn more french everyday, i don't think you ever stop learning a language... So stick with it jennyren and don't despair 4 months is really a very short time so don't put too much pressure on yourself!

·
Registered
5 Posts
no, I am not a student, I work in a factory nearby
I have no problem trying to learn the language, needs time to memorize more words

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
The best way to learn vocabulary is to practise using the words (especially in conversation) - much easier than learning lists :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sylv73,
I haven't forgotten you!
Moving in 10 days to Chapareillan.... Boxes and dust everywhere.....
Think this is my 4 th post...... One more to go.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts