Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK been offered a great opportunity in Dubai with another company, and am in the early stages of 'negotiation', so am looking for as much input as possible, and yes I did read Elphaba 'Must Read' before posting.

Am UK national who would be moving over from Singapore with wife and young son (2 yrs) in tow.

Accomodation
What would be best places to live for easy access to work location (Sh. Zayed Street, City Tower 2) and has good shopping and nursery schooling nearby?
Is AED 200k still good est for 3 bed place ?

Nursery Schools
What is the standard of nursery schools like ?
Are they multilingual (my son currently does english/mandarin)

Cost of Living
Taking accomodation out of the equation, anyone give me a guide on cost of living in comparison to say UK or Singapore (if anyone's can)

Pets
Many of the properties for rent on line don't seem to welcome pets is that the norm ?
I've got 2 cats that would also be coming along, so is it difficult to bring pets in.

Frankly I know b*gger all about UAE and Dubai, so any further insights would be great so thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
welcome man in to UAE,

let me comment on your email

Am UK national who would be moving over from Singapore with wife and young son (2 yrs) in tow.

GOD bless and hope you will enjoy.

What would be best places to live for easy access to work location (Sh. Zayed Street, City Tower 2) and has good shopping and nursery schooling nearby?

200 K is more than enough i think, and the best place i can recommend to you is new place under Borj Dubai, or Dubai tower it is very good place and so near to Sh. Zayed Street, and all of neighbours ours are high class foreigners,my Manager he is UK man and he rent very big and good place with 220 K per year.

Nursery Schools
i donot about it but for sure you will find what you like

Cost of Living
it is expansive,
to get out for food in good place you will pay more than 100 Durham per person for good place and 50 Durham for fast food.
Taxis is so expensive, but if you rent a car once you land with 1500 Durham per month it will be ok
Clothes it is expansive too much but it is really fancy and worthy

Pets
ok usually what happens here that you donot tell owner about pets tell he ask, and once you ret he wouldnot mind,
because one of girls i know the owner order her not to bring boys inside her flat, but after she rent he didnot create any problem about it.
and usually Arabs are ok for Cats, we have issue with Dogs indoors

enjoy UAE

OK been offered a great opportunity in Dubai with another company, and am in the early stages of 'negotiation', so am looking for as much input as possible, and yes I did read Elphaba 'Must Read' before posting.

Accomodation

Nursery Schools
What is the standard of nursery schools like ?
Are they multilingual (my son currently does english/mandarin)

Cost of Living
Taking accomodation out of the equation, anyone give me a guide on cost of living in comparison to say UK or Singapore (if anyone's can)

Pets
Many of the properties for rent on line don't seem to welcome pets is that the norm ?
I've got 2 cats that would also be coming along, so is it difficult to bring pets in.

Frankly I know b*gger all about UAE and Dubai, so any further insights would be great so thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.