Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am a Canadian professional engineer, male, 40+, will be working in Emaar Business Park for a long term, starting September, 2017. I have been looking for a place to live and found it is better to share with someone(s). I think a house (villa) is a better choice as rooms are spacious and parking is normally plenty. I am considering Umm Suqeim, Jumeirah Beach Area, Al Manara, Al Safa etc. Better a room with attached bathroom. Kitchen can be shared. A parking spot is required.

I originaged from China, lived in Canada for 15 years and Kuwait for 4 years, quite, organized, non-smoking. Usually, in the morning, I jog and stretch for 5-10 minutes, prepare and have simple breakfast and then go to work for the whole day. I will try to have lunch and dinner at work and may not cook a lot after work. I would go to a nearby beach for a walk at night, not a lot of social activities. In weekend, I would drive around and explore.

Please let me know if anyone would accommodate me, or anyone is also looking for someone to share a house or appartment and would like to share with me. I am still in Canada now and will move to UAE by the end of August. /snip/

·
Registered
657 Posts
I am a Canadian professional engineer, male, 40+, will be working in Emaar Business Park for a long term, starting September, 2017. I have been looking for a place to live and found it is better to share with someone(s). I think a house (villa) is a better choice as rooms are spacious and parking is normally plenty. I am considering Umm Suqeim, Jumeirah Beach Area, Al Manara, Al Safa etc. Better a room with attached bathroom. Kitchen can be shared. A parking spot is required.

I originaged from China, lived in Canada for 15 years and Kuwait for 4 years, quite, organized, non-smoking. Usually, in the morning, I jog and stretch for 5-10 minutes, prepare and have simple breakfast and then go to work for the whole day. I will try to have lunch and dinner at work and may not cook a lot after work. I would go to a nearby beach for a walk at night, not a lot of social activities. In weekend, I would drive around and explore.

Please let me know if anyone would accommodate me, or anyone is also looking for someone to share a house or appartment and would like to share with me. I am still in Canada now and will move to UAE by the end of August. /snip/
I wonder if anyone will provide some leads here... Your best bet is Dubizzle...check it out.

·
Registered
399 Posts

If you can join the area Facebook groups. The Greens has one as do other areas. Many people advertise for room mates there

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Dubizzle is your best bet. You need to set the filter at 3,000 minimum rent to weed out all the room shares. Also search by area, Jumeira and Umm Suqeim are probably where you would be happiest. There are villa shares where you can easily rent your own bedroom and share the common areas. The beaches are close by and the Umm Suqeim beaches have a long rubberised running track and promenade, which is why I'd look in this area if I were you, as opposed to the Marina.

4-5-6,000 a month will get you your own room.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dubizzle is your best bet. You need to set the filter at 3,000 minimum rent to weed out all the room shares. Also search by area, Jumeira and Umm Suqeim are probably where you would be happiest. There are villa shares where you can easily rent your own bedroom and share the common areas. The beaches are close by and the Umm Suqeim beaches have a long rubberised running track and promenade, which is why I'd look in this area if I were you, as opposed to the Marina.

4-5-6,000 a month will get you your own room.
Thank you, TallyHo. Good advise. Jumeirah seems a little bit far from my work place, i.e. about half hour drive. Umm Suqeim looks a good choice.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Jumeirah 3 to Emaar Business Park is probably 15 minutes maximum. Jumeirah 1-2 have more traffic getting onto Sheikh Zayed but even so I'd estimate 20-25 minutes from the farthest end of Jumeirah 1.

Thank you, TallyHo. Good advise. Jumeirah seems a little bit far from my work place, i.e. about half hour drive. Umm Suqeim looks a good choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.