Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! Hope you can help me :) I am moving to Dubai in few months for my MBA and it seems that there are more people looking for a flat that actual flats... According to your experience, do you think that the tenants are more desperate to find a place to live or more landlords struggle to find tenants? Is it easy to rent without using a Real Estate Agency or broker, just by yourself? Sorry for so many questions! Regards :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
There's usually a "broker's fee" included in the rental contract as you'll probably be dealing with a broker on the renter's side.

Start by browsing what's on the market, go to dubizzle and do some research on the areas you'd like to be around, what type of standard you're looking for and you can get a good idea on the prices, what's available and you'll have a good base to start with once you start talking to the landlords/ brokers.

You'll find many threads here on renting homes/apartment, check the Stickies on rent and moving to dubai. Also do a search and you'll find tons of info and you can learn from people's different experiences.

I think most people are looking for a decent place to live, where we don't have to deal with odd spaces, bad maintenance, commuting distances at a reasonable price. It's hard to find that last one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There's 100's of apartments available - just check out the website Dubizzle.

It's more about price/location/quality - you've also got to act quickly as the market is fast moving. Visit a few, I did 5 in 2 areas in 2 hours this weekend - decide on budget and location then get your cheque book out and be prepared to pounce when it feels right.

Best way IMHO is to take it easy in Temporary accommodation/Hotel / Serviced apartment and take your time over the whole process.
Familiarise yourself with the deposits needed also and line the cash up.

Don't rush it and surf Dubizzle!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts