Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here got a property they want to rent out as a long term rental in Bayonne, Anglet or Biarritz or know someone who does ? We're desperately trying to find a decent place!

Or (and this is more likely) can anyone give me a good rental agent to contact (that will respond to emails and be a little proactive!) or know another way of searching for places other than leboncoin.fr - which i am using already.

Many thanks - we're getting down to the wire of having to find somewhere now - eekkkk!

Sarah

PS - So great to see spring on the way - I love France at this time of year!

·
Administrator
51,573 Posts
It's very rare that rental agents work via e-mail. (I have no idea why that is.) Your best bet is to simply walk into the office of a rental agency and tell them what you're looking for. If they have something that meets your needs, they'll offer to show it to you. If not, try another agency.

Just don't let a second agency show you the same property - or you'll owe two fees should you take it!
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bev, it's a bit tricky though since we are currently up near Arcachon and so are trying to view a few properties on the same day - we're relocating rather than just looking locally so hence the need to communicate in advance and line viewings up. I'm still not proficient enough at French to phone them and do it that way!

Never mind, thanks for your advice and we'll perhaps try that route as well next week when we take a trip down to check a few places out.

Sarah

PS - thanks for the advice re: agency fees, i wasn't aware of that!

·
Registered
112 Posts
If I were you I'd take Bev's suggestion and call anyway. I'm betting you can find someone who speaks English well enough to get the ball rolling. I suspect many agents are accustomed to dealing with expats. I know it's not ideal to speak English BUT if they want your business they just may be willing to go the extra mile. Worth a shot! Everytime I go to France people speak English to me (and I don't even want them to!) ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very true, thanks Audrey. We're looking into a slightly different route now, potentially buying a mobile home in the area (actually slightly further north near Seignosse or Messanges) on a not too massive and loud holiday park and staying there over the summer months before heading to the mountains in the winter months. Keeps the rent low and means we always have a holiday home once we actually settle and buy a 'proper' home!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Sarah

Hope you had luck finding a suitable property in the Biarritz area?

Just wondering what the outcome was as my husband and I are searching for a longterm rental in Biarritz, but having no luck!! (mainly due to most properties being let as holiday accommodation!!)

Any tips would be very much appreciated!!

All the best X

Has anyone here got a property they want to rent out as a long term rental in Bayonne, Anglet or Biarritz or know someone who does ? We're desperately trying to find a decent place!

Or (and this is more likely) can anyone give me a good rental agent to contact (that will respond to emails and be a little proactive!) or know another way of searching for places other than leboncoin.fr - which i am using already.

Many thanks - we're getting down to the wire of having to find somewhere now - eekkkk!

Sarah

PS - So great to see spring on the way - I love France at this time of year!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi!

We've actually decided to move to Capbreton (so a little north of Biarritz) for many reasons but mainly we just found something more suitable for the money there!

As for advice, well if you want a long term rental and can provide proof of income and an employment contract you should be fine talking with the local agents. Just do a simple search for "agence immobilier biarritz". I did find Anglet easier to find long term lets in, as it's not so holiday let and more geared towards people wanting to actually live in the area. There are loads of estate agencies who have properties here.

Also Petites annonces gratuites d'occasion - leboncoin.fr is really good for finding properties - both agents and owners post their properties here, so take a look through that - but probably at this time of year you'll struggle in Biarritz itself.

I'm not sure if you're in the area yet, but Bayonne sprawls into Anglet and Anglet sprawls into Biarritz so they're all so close anyway that perhaps it won't matter to be a little further from the sea? (Still walking / cycling distance!).

As a final point (and dependent on when you were planning to arrive) you could probably find a holiday let in Biarritz from September through to next June since it's really only July and August that owners rent their properties out by the week. Another option if you don't find anything there straight away.

Hope that helps! Good luck and enjoy it once you get there.

Sarah

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.