Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I moved to Melbourne less than a month back on spouse visa. Im finding it really difficult to find a job here. I have experience in Auditing and ive completed my B.com from mumbai university.
I do not know if this qualification would fetch me a job in my field. so im also looking for jobs outside my field but ive been struggling.
Please advice.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Unfortunately, most migrants struggle to find their first job now, especially in the current competitive job market. My advice to you would be to start networking as much as possible - attend industry events, send emails to people at firms you're interested in working for, go to professional meetups (meetup.com) to meet people that might be able to connect you with appropriate contacts. In the meantime, make sure your CV and your cover letters are perfect - a single typo or spelling error means your application is likely to get chucked in the bin. (To put things into context, nearly 200 people applied for my role on Seek. With that many applicants, they're looking for any reason to chuck your CV in the bin.)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi,
I moved to Melbourne less than a month back on spouse visa. Im finding it really difficult to find a job here. I have experience in Auditing and ive completed my B.com from mumbai university.
I do not know if this qualification would fetch me a job in my field. so im also looking for jobs outside my field but ive been struggling.
Please advice.
Hi,

If its any consolation, successful job applications normally take between 3 months and above for new immigrants, so dun give yourself too much stress. Keep applying, and maybe consider a casual job to past the time and for some income. Took me about 3 months before i secured my job. cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts