Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are planning on moving to London in July. Does anyone know if we will have a hard time finding a long term rental because of the Olympics? Also, is looking at the end of May too soon to look for a July 1st rental? We plan on coming for a week at the end of May to secure a place.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
My wife and I plan to move a similar time - the end of May. There's likely to be less on the market but looking at rightmove there's listings of flats that become available then. Remember London is a city of in the region of 8 million people and has a very large hotel industry, while many flats will be rented to those coming for the olympics most of these will only be in areas with great transport connections to the stadium. In areas that would require a few tube stations landlords realise they have little chance of doing short term rentals to visitors so are just listing properties as normal. Prices on 1 bed flats don't seem to have gone up since the Autumn when I started browsing these sites indicating the olympics is having little effect.

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
My husband and I are planning on moving to London in July. Does anyone know if we will have a hard time finding a long term rental because of the Olympics? Also, is looking at the end of May too soon to look for a July 1st rental? We plan on coming for a week at the end of May to secure a place.

Thanks
It's going to depend on where you want to live. The London market is very tight and even without the Olympics, good stuff gets snapped up very quickly.

Websites like http://www.rightmove.co.uk are good for getting an idea of what kinds of properties are available and what price range to expect but estate agents don't tend to update them with regularity so a good deal of the listings will not be current.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.