Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I'm over in the UK with my husband on a spousal visa, originally a US citizen. We have been discussing moving back to the States but are a bit confused on how everything would work on that end.

My husband works for an American company so we're not sure as to whether it would be easier for him to obtain a work visa or a spousal visa. How would a spousal visa work if I haven't been working in the U.S.? How could I sponsor him? Could my family do it?

We also purchased our home here in the UK and will sell it before we move. Would my husband be eligible to purchase a home in the US? We've seen a few ads for international mortgages!

And my last question.. What is a timeframe we need to be conscious of if we'd like to move by the beginnings of next year?

Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Your timeframe is very tight. Even if you qualify for Direct Consular Filing.
Green Card Processes & Procedures | USCIS

Your spouse can self sponsor using assets or you can provide co-sponsors or you can go,ahead and get a job.
.Affidavit of Support | USCIS

We had a poster in Texas who recently bought a house with a mortgage. It is possible, employment, location, seems to have an impact. Where are you planning to go to?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for that! I will look over that info.

I'm originally from Texas as well however we will be moving to the Houston area rather than Dallas. :) So if someone did it there it must be possible!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts