Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am going to the US check things out and see if I can get a job as a accountant. Just wondering what's the cheapest and most efficient way to move around US. Will be using Dallas a base. I have checked flights and the cheap ones have many stops and still cost a lot when comparing to Australian low cost airlines. Also can I take my cell/mobile phone (HTC) with me and just get a local Sim for voice and data. Also could anyone recommend websites for affordable accomodation. Thanks

G

·
Check out Amtrak (train service). You can get a 45 day / 18 segment rail pass for $829. Come and go as you want, more comfortable than 1st class airfare, private rooms with beds (for an additional cost but with meals included) if you are taking a long travel leg, and good meals onboard. Happy employees. And very little of that darn TSA security crap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would check out low cost airlines or rent a car...no one here really uses the trains like they do in Europe. You can use subways like you do in europe but I fin amtrak here is sometimes as expensive as if not more than airfare and takes a lot longer. this is a really big country and could take weeks to get across with amtrak. Check out southwest airlines (good because you can do cheap one ways or multi legs) or jet blue ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.