Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I (including my wife and kid as dependents) have applied for GSM Visa subclass 175 in Nov 2009 through an agent in Bangalore, India and have been waiting to get a case officer assigned. It's been a long wait and frustrating.

Can anyone let me know what could be the reason ?. appreciate your reply.

Thanks,
Krish

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi All,

I (including my wife and kid as dependents) have applied for GSM Visa subclass 175 in Nov 2009 through an agent in Bangalore, India and have been waiting to get a case officer assigned. It's been a long wait and frustrating.

Thanks,
Krish
Have you confirmed the application has reached DIAC? Check with your agent immediately. Did they give you any transaction reference number?

Also, under which skill have you made the application?

Moreover, you need to check what priority you fall into. Different priorities have different processing times. Your priority is 4. Check the below link,

Client Service Charter

Since it is more than 24 months since you've applied I would worry a bit since DIAC website says 18 months for P4.

Go after your agent immediately and also try calling up DIAC directly.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
call them up, ask them, tell them its been 3 years and that you were wondering how long will it take.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Thanks for replying. Yes, application has reached DIAC and I have an acknowledgement with reference number from DIAC. I am a IT professional and my skill falls in critical skill list. Mine is Priority 4 and as per the website it should take 18 months.

Not sure what's wrong in my case.

Thanks,
Krish

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks,
Krish
Hey man i have a feeling that your agent NEVER applied for you and gave you fake details and stole ur money. Are you sure 100% that your application is with DIAC, man people in Septmber 2011 are getting Case officer. you have to call DIAC asap without delay tell them you are waiting since 2009 forget your agent i think he is scam, just a feeling based on the info you provided don't take offense trying to help :) Don't delay ur supposed to have ur visa 2 years ago! Do ur best hope it works out

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for replying. Yes, application has reached DIAC and I have an acknowledgement with reference number from DIAC. I am a IT professional and my skill falls in critical skill list. Mine is Priority 4 and as per the website it should take 18 months.

Not sure what's wrong in my case.

Thanks,
Krish
if you have your transaction reference number you should be able to check online on the status of your application. apart from that if you feel your agents response has been less than satisfactory then you need to take him off the case and communicate with DIAC yourself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Double check your Priority Group!!!

I guess you are under PG-5 (offshore) which processing is not started yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had received the acknowledgement fro DIAC through my agent (Canam consultants).
As per the acknowledgement, my Visa is under subclass 175. My understanding is that subclass 175 (filed from offshore) is priority 4. Pls. let me know if my understanding is right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi All,

I am trying to call DIAC on +61 1300 364 613 and my line is not getting connected.
I am trying from my mobile in India. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
it is a holiday today, infact we are off since friday, try tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If you have the TRN # then you can ask for your application's status from the CO...
I think that you should definitely go ahead and ask DIAC/CO abt your status...

Hi All,

Thanks,
Krish

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.