Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

There are reports of possible lengthening of average 457 visa processing times in the last couple of months. But no reasons have been mentioned. Can anybody elaborate?

I am now waiting for my 457 visa for 1 month. Is there any other way to enquire the status apart from sending an email to the general email id provided. Also, since no CO is being assigned to these applications, the wait seems endless in the absence of any info on our applications.

my time line till now:

Nomination approved: 25-03-2015
457 visa filed: 02-04-2015
additional info and medicals requested: 07-04-2014
additional info and medicals upmloaded: 10-04-2015
Grant::fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Dear All,

There are reports of possible lengthening of average 457 visa processing times in the last couple of months. But no reasons have been mentioned. Can anybody elaborate?

I am now waiting for my 457 visa for 1 month. Is there any other way to enquire the status apart from sending an email to the general email id provided. Also, since no CO is being assigned to these applications, the wait seems endless in the absence of any info on our applications.

my time line till now:

Nomination approved: 25-03-2015
457 visa filed: 02-04-2015
additional info and medicals requested: 07-04-2014
additional info and medicals upmloaded: 10-04-2015
Grant::fingerscrossed:
Hi.. you got 457 sponsored for which occupation?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Departments "Service Delivery Standard" for a 457 is 2-3 months.

That department has very high turn over of staff and is often short staffed. Also the Federal Government has a 3% effciiency dividend so they are doing the same (or more) work with fewer people. Expect all processing times to get longer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts