Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is amazing to drive around and look at the renting agents suggested properties choosen from a list of demands from our side. One thing is clear. Either they don't hear what you say, or they can't read emails when we make the list in writing.

It is said there is thousands of properties out there for long term rent. But if you want something that have more then "handshaking" distance to the neighbor it is directly more difficult. Even if Cyprus law say the minimum distance to the plot border is 3 m, meaning that 6 m is the minimum distance between two houses

If you have a dog and you want to walk it every day and not only on pavements and tarmac, then you can't live in places like Tsada, Koili. Without dog this is beautiful places

So, on it again. A new round of excursions around west Cyprus. Somewhere it must be possible to find what we are looking for.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry to disagree. We live n koili and have a dog which we walk on some beautiful footpaths through the hills here - you just have to know where to find them. One of the reasons we moved here was being able to walk the dog through footpaths and not on roads. I appreciate that you cannot take in a location unless you explore, and I guess the rental agents aren't going to take the time to show you where you can walk the dog.

Good luck with your house hunting.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to disagree. We live n koili and have a dog which we walk on some beautiful footpaths through the hills here - you just have to know where to find them. One of the reasons we moved here was being able to walk the dog through footpaths and not on roads. I appreciate that you cannot take in a location unless you explore, and I guess the rental agents aren't going to take the time to show you where you can walk the dog.

Good luck with your house hunting.
We went around Koili quite a lot to find where we could walk the dog but realized that we needed to drive first to not have to walk a km roads and pavements first. Otherwise the house and views were fantastic. But perhaps the house were placed wrong

·
Registered
124 Posts
I understand what you are saying, we are lucky enough to live on the upper road as you turn from the Polis road to Koili and therefore have access to the E4 european walkways (we have many rambling groups that come here for this walk), one at the top of the village and one half way down - great views and great walks. There are also two other walks we regularly do that take us down the hills and you reappear in Kamares and also further out from the village with a fantastic sunset and views of agios georgios. As I say we can access all of these within 5 minutes, depends where you are looking at a house, and you can walk for a very long distance - we don't go too far Nemo is getting old and has little legs! Many of our neighbours have very large dogs and love the fact that they can exercise them so well here, and they go on further footpaths that we don't venture on.

But once again very good luck with your search.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand what you are saying, we are lucky enough to live on the upper road as you turn from the Polis road to Koili and therefore have access to the E4 european walkways (we have many rambling groups that come here for this walk), one at the top of the village and one half way down - great views and great walks. There are also two other walks we regularly do that take us down the hills and you reappear in Kamares and also further out from the village with a fantastic sunset and views of agios georgios. As I say we can access all of these within 5 minutes, depends where you are looking at a house, and you can walk for a very long distance - we don't go too far Nemo is getting old and has little legs! Many of our neighbours have very large dogs and love the fact that they can exercise them so well here, and they go on further footpaths that we don't venture on.

But once again very good luck with your search.
OK thanks!

If you see something for rent in your area, send me a PM

Anders

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.