Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been studying here in Paris for around 8 months and have 2 semester in which I have done terribly I did not assist my classes and I did not go to the final exams ( for personal reasons while I was in France).
Now I am having to face the consecuaences as I would like to renew my titre de sejour to restart school this September. Mu problem is that now I need the grades form my university to show to the police prefacture and I am afraid that I will be denied. Has anyone been through this before? dose anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
49,874 Posts
Unfortunately, that's sort of the deal for renewing a titre de séjour. You're supposed to show that you did actually do whatever you were going to do here in France, and that now you're enrolled in further classes. In your situation, I think the best you can do is show that you are re-enrolled for a "do-over" and offer some evidence of your reasons for missing classes and skipping the exams. If they find your personal reasons compelling, they may well renew your titre de séjour. But be prepared for a rejection.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bev,
Thank you for your reply im so stressed its so great to have a helping hand!
Im going ot talk to my university first thing when they open and see if I can somehow take a make up, which I think will help ( if even possible). I am in cours de civilisation at the sorbonne, so maybe I can take an exam that shows progress.
I was also wondering if it would be possible to just go back to the USA and fully reapply for a new visa with the inscription papper I have for next year? Or if I am denied my visa here then go back to the USA and reapply for this year? my visa ends the last day of August and I would like to start school in september or october.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts