Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are seeking a long term rental in the umbrian area from October (perhaps 4 months) - can be a vacation home - any suggestions where to start?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
We are seeking a long term rental in the umbrian area from October (perhaps 4 months) - can be a vacation home - any suggestions where to start?
Four months you're looking at short term rentals. That means either vacation rentals or other shorter terms.

Your advantage is October to Jan is low season in most of Italy.

Long term in Italy means at least three years.

If I was you I think about shrinking your search area. A whole region(even a smaller one like Umbria) is too big an area.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Umbria is chilly in winter. BIG fuel bills. You need to be there in winter? No wonder it is off season. Brrrr.
Look at "long term rental" in google and then put whatever town.

Long term in english means what you are loooking at ... forget what Italians say. They do not use english.

Ciao

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had great luck with AirBnB -- there are some nice places available and often people are willing to negotiate. Also if you're looking at Perugia I think the Università per Stranieri website links to a housing website. Sites like Kijiji and Subito also have a lot of furnished listings. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts