Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys:

Not sure if I am on the right page but just found your website and looking for info like everybody else.

Moved over from Florida on a one year contract and presently staying with family in the UK, which gets stale after a while.

Looking at possibly getting a long term rental in Spain???? as I travel Eastern and Western Europe and just need to be close to airport.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Gulfcoast

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hi Guys:

Not sure if I am on the right page but just found your website and looking for info like everybody else.

Moved over from Florida on a one year contract and presently staying with family in the UK, which gets stale after a while.

Looking at possibly getting a long term rental in Spain???? as I travel Eastern and Western Europe and just need to be close to airport.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Gulfcoast
Hi Gulfcoast ... glad you found the Spain page without any problems :)

I can only comment on the Costa Del Sol which is where I live, so Malaga being the closest airport here on the coast.

Apart from the access to the airport do you have any other things on your wish list ? are you single ? do you have kids that need school places ? do you prefer lots of nightlife or the Countyside ? you really can take your pick here to be honest - and the prices do vary quite a bit between inland and coastal properties too ....

Sue :plane:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Gulfcoast ... glad you found the Spain page without any problems :)

I can only comment on the Costa Del Sol which is where I live, so Malaga being the closest airport here on the coast.

Apart from the access to the airport do you have any other things on your wish list ? are you single ? do you have kids that need school places ? do you prefer lots of nightlife or the Countyside ? you really can take your pick here to be honest - and the prices do vary quite a bit between inland and coastal properties too ....

Hi Sue:

Answer to questions is mostly no, my wife is still in Florida trying to sell our place but will come over for periodic visits until sold. I am part of the older generation so no kids to worry about and not a night owl or party animal. Just looking for a place to unwind after business trips with some nice weather. Internet is a must, but is that something apartments generally have or does one have to set up.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hi Sue:

Answer to questions is mostly no, my wife is still in Florida trying to sell our place but will come over for periodic visits until sold. I am part of the older generation so no kids to worry about and not a night owl or party animal. Just looking for a place to unwind after business trips with some nice weather. Internet is a must, but is that something apartments generally have or does one have to set up.
Hi

Well internet is available is the majority of coastal and inland areas, but you usually have to set that up yourself - ie sign a contract with a provider such as telefonica, orange, vodafone etc ...... some inland areas dont have access to broadband through a landline so you may have to consider satellite or mobile connections which obviously arent as good,.

Jojo lives near Alhaurin de la torre and her husband commutes using the airport at Malaga so Im sure she will be able to give you some good info on that area. Coastal areas that are less busy tend to be beyond San Pedro down towards Gibraltar but then of course that extends your trip to the airport! I live down that way in Estepona which is lovely ,,, but its about 1 hour to Malaga airport using the toll road.

Kyero is a pretty good property site for sales and rentals if you are just looking at areas and trying to get an idea on prices, and of course the agents that are operating in those areas .... you can google kyero to get their website.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Well internet is available is the majority of coastal and inland areas, but you usually have to set that up yourself - ie sign a contract with a provider such as telefonica, orange, vodafone etc ...... some inland areas dont have access to broadband through a landline so you may have to consider satellite or mobile connections which obviously arent as good,.

Jojo lives near Alhaurin de la torre and her husband commutes using the airport at Malaga so Im sure she will be able to give you some good info on that area. Coastal areas that are less busy tend to be beyond San Pedro down towards Gibraltar but then of course that extends your trip to the airport! I live down that way in Estepona which is lovely ,,, but its about 1 hour to Malaga airport using the toll road.

Kyero is a pretty good property site for sales and rentals if you are just looking at areas and trying to get an idea on prices, and of course the agents that are operating in those areas .... you can google kyero to get their website.

Thank you Sue, could you tell me what is the medical situation is for people over sixty, do they need private medical insurance while in Spain etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Thank you Sue, could you tell me what is the medical situation is for people over sixty, do they need private medical insurance while in Spain etc?

Thanks
Hi

I know you said you were over from the USA and in the UK at the moment .... are you British or American ? whether or not you are an EU resident will make a difference to what you need for health care etc.

Sue :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.