Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are a couple looking for a long term let, but are prepared to take on a property which needs some love and attention in exchange for a reduced rent?

We're looking in the area between Alicante and Valencia.

Our ideal is a minimum of 2 beds, some garden area and preferably a private pool. We are happy for it to be slightly off the beaten track, but in an ideal world within walking distance to a shop / bar etc. We will require internet access but can arrange for that to be installed if not available currently.

Our profession is building and painting etc, so would be happy to bring a run down property up to scratch, inside and out.

Will consider most places, so if you have something that sounds like the above, please get in touch!

Thanks
Season

·
Administrator
36,693 Posts
We are a couple looking for a long term let, but are prepared to take on a property which needs some love and attention in exchange for a reduced rent?

We're looking in the area between Alicante and Valencia.

Our ideal is a minimum of 2 beds, some garden area and preferably a private pool. We are happy for it to be slightly off the beaten track, but in an ideal world within walking distance to a shop / bar etc. We will require internet access but can arrange for that to be installed if not available currently.

Our profession is building and painting etc, so would be happy to bring a run down property up to scratch, inside and out.

Will consider most places, so if you have something that sounds like the above, please get in touch!

Thanks
Season
:welcome:

this isn't really a property search forum - but maybe someone will know of a property or can recommend an agent in that area

I do live in the area & would love to be able to help with an agent recommendation - but I wouldn't recommend any that I know :( - except one - I don't she has any in need of 'attention' though

if I come across an ad. for a likely looking property, I'll be glad to post it here for you

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
You are probably best networking (like you have done on here) and spending as much time as possible in your chosen areas and meeting people. i dont think many agencies would have property that is in need of so much work that it warrants a reduction in rent because this could lead to other issues… laws in Spain state that a house shoudl be habitable etc to rent out. Equally the landlord not knowing you woudl need to put a lot of trust that you will do what you said to an agreed standard. Sadly many are scared of brits because of the amount that do a runner.

There are tons of properties to rent, many of which frankly need a complete overhall and havnt seen a lick of paint since world war 2 but that is how they want to rent them!

Network, talk to people, contact agencies of course incase, but its better to see who people know in cases like this.. and you never know! Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts