Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My wife is a USA citizen and entered the UK in December on a fiancee visa. We have lived together since December at our house which I already owned. Therefore nearly 6 months living together, all the time since she first entered the UK.

Under section 6 of the FLR(M) form it asks if you have been living together for less than 2 years to give further details. We cannot provide this as neither lived at each others houses since us first dating in October 2015. I work for the airlines and this made it easy to facilitate us seeing each other on long visits in both the UK and USA.

To clarify under section 6.7 I have entered the date she first entered the UK, 6.8 is blank as no further history of permanent residence together.

6.9 I have entered YES. Even though it refers to 'last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner', I presume this incorporates us under the fiancee visa? Otherwise it gets you to answer sections 6.10-15 which seem to be irrelevant to us.

Many thanks for your thought's, advice!

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
If one enters the UK on a fiance visa, marries and then applies for FLR(M) Further Leave to Remain, the 2 year co-habitation rule does not apply to you.

When you apply for FLR(M) you present the same evidence of relationship, accommodation and finances as your initial visa PLUS your marriage certificate and some photos of the wedding.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Crawford,

That's what I was thinking but just wanted to check.

When you say relationship evidence, I was going to add what you say plus photos of our relationship before we moved to the UK to document its longstanding.

For the fiancé visa we had friends write letters of support, documented flights tickets and holidays together plus cards we wrote each other. I guess that stuff is not needed now, just going by other comments on the forum?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tend to agree with that, weirdly however when we were applying for our Fiancee visa we used a highly recommended immigration company for help and advice. They got us to provide both cards and letters from friends and families as well as many other 'subjective' items.

That said, I wondered then how much weight they would actually hold

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.