Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are applying for a long stay visitor visa to France. We have a 10 year old son.

The San Francisco consulate web site for long stay visitor visa says:
For security reasons, all applicants, except children under the age of 12, have to appear personally at the Consulate General of France in San Francisco.
Does this mean my child is exempt from needing a Visa?
If not, does this mean I need to fill out a new application form for him and additionally, make a separate appointment for that purpose?

I'm hoping at the very least I can handle his paper-work in the same existing meeting I have set up already.

Thank you so much and I apologize if this question has been asked already. I wasn't able to locate the thread.

·
Administrator
50,006 Posts
I think you can include your son in the application you make. Fill out a separate application form for him and have it handy when you go for your appointment. But I'm pretty sure it will be handled with your appointment, and not require a separate visit to the consulate.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
357 Posts
you do an application for yourself, wife and child accompanied by the required paperwork.
You appear with your wife in the consulate delivering all the documents (including your child's) ...
so the child under 12 needs a visa but he is exempted from showing at the consulate. (this was how it worked for my long stay visa and my 3 kids under 12)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts