Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Sorry I can't find this information anywhere. Does anyone know, I am looking at moving my family to the Chamonix region for a year from Australia. We can apply for a the long stay visa. We currently run our own business over here in Australia and would continue to do this via the web. Does this mean we are "working" for visa purposes? Or does this only apply to "working for someone" in France? (All business is in Australia).

Does anyone know if we can declare this as income or do we need access to saved funds for the visa? If so, how much would this be? We have 2 adults and 2 children.

Thank you

Louise

·
Administrator
50,378 Posts
Unfortunately, you are in one of those "gray areas" where it can depend on who is handling your visa application.

Technically speaking, if you are doing the work while physically present in France then you are, indeed, "working in France." However, for some limited duration visas - where you are fairly certain to return back home after a year or two - the consular officials have been known to permit someone to continue operation of an Internet business for the duration of their stay.

It becomes one of those situations where you play the game and you take your chances.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.