Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Bonjour / Bonsoir ,

Comment tu apelle tu / comment vous apelle vous ? well i can speak french a very little and i hope that your all having a great time.I need to ask few things i've been trying to know about it but the thing is all the time i'm getting nothing but confusion so i decided to ask you guys.

My very first question to you is we all know that Paris / france is a very expensive place to live but as my university doesn't have an on campus housing accommodation for students so they suggest me to book an hotel for month which costs me around 2000 dollar a month.I'd want to know that if there is any hotel where i could live for a month or could book it for a month without knowin the specific dates.

My second question is can i work in france while studying there on long stay visa base or do i need to apply for work permit it would be so great any of you can gimme an complete instructions to do that so that i'll meet up my expenses

My third question is how will i become an french citizen while stuying there let's suppose i got married with girl in university and what i need to do next.

I'm from Pakistan so being as a patriot of this country i'd love to be in paris but i don't have much time left :( i mean i do have the month of FEB and later then i'll have to wait for my visa.

Shall be waiting for your best response.

best of the rest
Merci beaucoup
Santee
:popcorn:
Regards
AnotherScreaminDay

·
Administrator
49,164 Posts

My very first question to you is we all know that Paris / france is a very expensive place to live but as my university doesn't have an on campus housing accommodation for students so they suggest me to book an hotel for month which costs me around 2000 dollar a month.I'd want to know that if there is any hotel where i could live for a month or could book it for a month without knowin the specific dates.

There is "student housing" available for less than $2000 a month, but to book something you would have to have specific dates. You might also want to look into "co-location" - i.e. sharing a flat with other students.

My second question is can i work in france while studying there on long stay visa base or do i need to apply for work permit it would be so great any of you can gimme an complete instructions to do that so that i'll meet up my expenses
On a student visa, you are allowed to work on a limited basis. Works out to be about 20 hrs. a week - but many students prefer to work full time during their school holiday periods.

My third question is how will i become an french citizen while stuying there let's suppose i got married with girl in university and what i need to do next.
Probably not possible while studying. Although completing a graduate degree of two years or more will reduce your residence time for taking nationality, you generally need to find a job on graduation that will keep you in France for the year or so it takes to process your naturalization papers.

If you marry a French national, you may be able to change your immigration status to that of "spouse" - but to take nationality by marriage requires 4 years of residence in France or 5 years of marriage outside France, plus meeting the other requirements (French language ability and "integration" which seems these days to mean having a job and having contributed to the cotisation system).

Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is "student housing" available for less than $2000 a month, but to book something you would have to have specific dates. You might also want to look into "co-location" - i.e. sharing a flat with other students.

On a student visa, you are allowed to work on a limited basis. Works out to be about 20 hrs. a week - but many students prefer to work full time during their school holiday periods.

Probably not possible while studying. Although completing a graduate degree of two years or more will reduce your residence time for taking nationality, you generally need to find a job on graduation that will keep you in France for the year or so it takes to process your naturalization papers.

If you marry a French national, you may be able to change your immigration status to that of "spouse" - but to take nationality by marriage requires 4 years of residence in France or 5 years of marriage outside France, plus meeting the other requirements (French language ability and "integration" which seems these days to mean having a job and having contributed to the cotisation system).

Cheers,
Bev

Well It seems pretty satisfiable answers,as a foreigner how much bank statement need to show to the embassy.What if i won't show mine's and i'll show someone
s else statement from my family should i attach their Passport / ID or etc.

An i just need to book an hotel for month during in that duration my university accommodation manager will help me to find my own place to live but i'm confused they'd told me that you can book an hotel for one month and later then you won't have to pay for the whole month you just need to pay the reservation & for the first few nights what doesn supposed to mean ?

accommodation is the only thing i'm worried about but because of the it's cost i'm pissed byt sharing flat with others still costs me around 1500 dollars but any way it good to know that i can work while studying there.

Merci Beaucoup
Santee
:D:lock1:

·
Administrator
49,164 Posts
If you are using someone else's bank account to demonstrate your financial resources, you should have a letter from that person saying that they will be financing your studies - how much a month they are planning to provide you with, etc.

Although you are allowed to work (part-time) that's supposed to be for "spending money" - they expect you to have enough to live on and pay your tuition costs in order to get the visa.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If you are using someone else's bank account to demonstrate your financial resources, you should have a letter from that person saying that they will be financing your studies - how much a month they are planning to provide you with, etc.

Although you are allowed to work (part-time) that's supposed to be for "spending money" - they expect you to have enough to live on and pay your tuition costs in order to get the visa.
Cheers,
Bev
Cool But what i haven't heard from that authorization letter thing from my consul or even from my university infact they have said that it's okay you can attach any person's bank statement without having issue's and yeah part - time sounds good but is that would be any kind part-time or a specific job which is given by embassy or university :lock1::lock1::lock1::lock1::lock1::lock1:

Oh yes ofcourse do i need any kind of additional documents for my visa case file i've asked this same question to my consul he sai No No No you dont need it and if i check the OFII they do need one can you help me with this OFII thing.

Merci Beaucoup
Santee

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Cool But what i haven't heard from that authorization letter thing from my consul or even from my university infact they have said that it's okay you can attach any person's bank statement without having issue's and yeah part - time sounds good but is that would be any kind part-time or a specific job which is given by embassy or university :lock1::lock1::lock1::lock1::lock1::lock1:
Santee
You will still need a letter from the person who owns the bank account as explained above by Bev. You will need to find a job yourself, but the university may have a program to assist students to find part-time work. The embassy (I'm assuming you mean the French Embassy in Pakistan) won't assist you to find work. That means that you can't rely on that income for your visa application.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will still need a letter from the person who owns the bank account as explained above by Bev. You will need to find a job yourself, but the university may have a program to assist students to find part-time work. The embassy (I'm assuming you mean the French Embassy in Pakistan) won't assist you to find work. That means that you can't rely on that income for your visa application.

alrighty then i guess i am getting my problem solution somehow it i will confirm that authorization of letter thing from my consul tomorrow evening if my father gonna support me then do i still an letter or not.

Wola part time job to find on my own sounds very good but difficult thing for me to do.
Can you tell me how will i manage this OFII thing.

Merci beaucoup

Santee

:d

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Can't comment on OFII as I am excluded. But others here have experience and there is a recent thread(s) on the issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.